- Sub Headline: Ingredient changes, including antibiotic-free chicken, begin in January
- City: Houston
- State: Texas
- Franchise URL: http://www.salata.com
- Listed: January 6, 2016 10:32 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
HOUSTON, Jan. 6, 2016 /FranchisePOD.com/ — Houston-based Salata, the fast-growing salad and salad wrap restaurant company with locations throughout Texas, California and Illinois, will commit more than $1 million to ingredient upgrades to further its “Fresh First” policy in 2016.
Salata has switched to using only antibiotic-free chicken, available in herb-marinated, Asian barbecue, pesto and spicy chipotle. Additionally, Salata’s house-made dressings that contain mayonnaise – buttermilk ranch, chipotle ranch and honey mustard – will now be made with mayonnaise using cage-free eggs and sustainable soybean oil, and its cookies will be made using only real butter, premium ingredients and no artificial additives.
“Offering clean ingredients is not a passing fad for Salata, but a mission we’ve had since we founded the company in 2005 to make all our dressings, marinades, soups and sauces in-house without preservatives and additives like high fructose corn syrup,” said Salata founder and CEO Berge Simonian. “We’ve made this additional commitment to shape the future of Salata and further raise the bar on providing the best ingredients available.”
Though the company anticipates the ingredient upgrades will cost more than $1 million, it will not pass the cost on to its guests.
“Fresh First is the basis for our brand, and it’s what keeps our customers coming back,” said Simonian. “We are making this sizable investment to ensure we are leading the salad restaurant segment in quality.”
Other additions throughout 2016 include the reformulation of Salata’s protein marinades to reduce sodium levels, and switching to organic tea for all iced tea selections. Though few of its restaurants offer fountain drinks, Salata will also only offer sodas without high fructose corn syrup.
Salata has had a long-standing commitment to providing the freshest ingredients and preparing them by hand, from chopping fresh veggies and fruits to grilling chicken daily and hand-picking herbs for house-made dressings. Its mission also includes ensuring all Salata restaurants are gluten-free certified and use allergy-friendly, safe handling practices.
Salata has more than 50 corporate and franchised locations in Texas, Southern California and Illinois. More information about Salata’s commitment to cleaner ingredients in 2016 is available at www.salata.com/freshfirst.
Founded in 2005, Houston-based Salata is a fast-growing salad chain with more than 50 corporate-owned and franchise locations in Texas, Illinois and Southern California. Serving fully customizable salad and salad wraps made from a selection of more than 50 fresh, pure ingredients, Salata is the only salad concept that is gluten-free certified and completely customizable. Guests choose from an array of lettuces, vegetables, fruits, cheeses, seeds, nuts, chicken, seafood and vegan proteins, and all of Salata’s dressings, soups and sauces are house-made and preservative-free. Freshly made soups, breads, desserts and signature teas and lemonades round out the menu. Ranked among the fastest-growing small chains in the U.S. by Restaurant Business, Salata plans to open 40 additional restaurants by the end of 2016. For more information, go to www.salata.com or www.facebook.com/salatasalads.
Brooke Feachen or Megan Duran
144 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (2 views)
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (2 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (5 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (4 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (4 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® CENTER OPENS IN FARMINGTON, NEW MEXICO (3 views)
- Oscar Navarro Self-Made Man and Sport Clips Team Leader (3 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings-Owned R Taco Adds Five Locations (3 views)
- Backed by More Than Two Decades of Success, Sport Clips Has Positioned Itself as a Premier Investment Opportunity for Lenders (2 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (2 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (2 views)
- SUPPLY POINTe Launches Nationwide Franchise Program (2 views)
- Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help (2 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (2 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (2 views)