- Sub Headline: December 28 and December 29, 2015 young rockers ages 7-15 with less than one year experience playing guitar will gather to learn how to play guitar. Students who enroll by December 1, 2015 will receive a free guitar cable and free guitar tuner, courtesy of MAC Music Accessories.
- City: St. Paul
- State: Minnesota
- Listed: November 18, 2015 10:58 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
St. Paul, MN – November 03, 2015 – (FranchisePOD.com) – School of Rock St. Paul is hosting a Beginner Guitar Camp designed specifically for kids who receive a new electric guitar for Christmas, Hanukkah or a December birthday gift. School of Rock’s Winter Beginner Guitar Camp offers youth a fun and unique experience with an opportunity to learn to play the guitar, meet new friends, play in a band setting and create memories that last a lifetime.
“Nearly 50 percent of U.S. parents say technological distractions, such as television, cell phones or video games make it difficult to maintain a healthy lifestyle for their children,” according to a YMCA study. With more free time during the winter break from school, keeping kids busy, engaged and off the iPad and cell phone could be a greater challenge.
Guitar Camp is an excellent option that is both fun and educational. In fact, the “U.S. Department of Education data on more than 25,000 secondary school students found that students who report consistent high levels of involvement in instrumental music over the middle and high school years show significantly higher levels of mathematics proficiency by grade 12.”
“We know a lot of kids get a guitar for Christmas,” says Stacey Marmolejo, Franchise Owner of the Minnesota School of Rock locations. “But most parents don’t think about how the child will learn to play it. Unless there’s a musician in the house to show the kid a few things, the guitar generally sits in the corner until after the New Year. And all the excitement that surrounded getting the guitar wears off.”
“That’s why we started offering our Winter Beginner Guitar Camp three years ago,” added Marmolejo. “It’s one of the most popular camps we offer. And this year we’ve teamed with MAC Music Accessories to provide a free guitar tuner and free guitar cable to each student who enrolls in camp before December 1, 2015, making it even more affordable for parents.”
Both of these accessories are necessary to play electric guitar. Together they retail for $49.98. The price of the camp is $49.00
December 28 and 29, 2015. 9am – 3pm daily
Located in the Historic Allen Building at 417 N. Broadway St. in Lowertown St. Paul; kiddy-corner to the new Saint Paul Saints baseball stadium.
Learn to tune a guitar, familiarize campers with the parts of the guitar and how to care for them, how to connect the guitar to the amp and how to work the amp properly to avoid feedback and blowing out the amp.
Learn the basic fundamentals of playing the guitar such as playing chords, strumming and picking while learning to play rock songs like 7 Nation Army by The White Stripes and Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones.
In the afternoon of Day 2, Advanced School of Rock students will join the camp as a backing band for the guitar players enrolled in the camp.
A music education fixture in the Twin Cities that has served thousands of aspiring young rockers since 2006, School of Rock is all about curating a new generation of music-minded students who get to balance education with all the fun and awesomeness of a great jam session.
For more information, visit http://StPaul.SchoolofRock.com and select the “CAMP” tab from the top menu or call 651-292-1917.
About School of Rock
School of Rock is fostering the next generation of great artists and redefining music education. Through a unique performance-based approach, students are guided from the lesson room to the stage where they play real shows at authentic venues with their peers. School of Rock’s collaborative environment inspires students to learn and excel; it helps students build the skills they need beyond the stage, too: confidence, teamwork, innovation, art, and humor. Founded in Philadelphia, PA in 1998, there are now 167 School of Rock locations in nine countries. For more information about School of Rock and its many locations, visit www.SchoolofRock.com.
SOURCE School of Rock
School of Rock
206 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS® LEVERAGING EPSON-3M ULTRACHROME GS3 INK IN EPSON SURECOLOR S-SERIES SOLVENT PRINTERS (3 views)
- 10th Annual Tilted Kilt Calendar: Kilt Calendar Girls Across the Country Celebrate Launch (3 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (3 views)
- Huey Magoo’s Chicken Tenders Announces New Board Members Formerly Of Wingstop Restaurants (2 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (2 views)
- SIGNAL 88 OFFICER OF THE MONTH FEBRUARY, BRENDON BENSON (2 views)
- Le Macaron French Pastries Satisfies Sweet Tooth with New Beverage Offerings (2 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL RECEIVES CFA 2017 AWARD (2 views)
- GYMGUYZ Launches International Expansion with First Canadian Franchise Agreements (2 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (2 views)
- Altitude Trampoline Park Springing In To Skokie, IL In 2018 (1 views)
- SIGNAL 88 HERO OF THE MONTH: JANUARY, 2017 (1 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (1 views)