- Sub Headline: Nebraska-Based Organizations to Celebrate with 5000 Tree Donation on National Arbor Day
- Franchise URL: http://www.ScootersCoffee.com
- Listed: April 29, 2016 11:06 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
April 29, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // Omaha, NE – Scooter’s Coffee, the national coffee franchise that has experienced tremendous growth over the past several years, announced that it has partnered with the Arbor Day Foundation to help save rainforests by sourcing only 100% shade-grown coffee. In honor of this industry-changing movement, Scooter’s will donate a portion of sales from every drink sold on Arbor Day, April 29, to the Arbor Day Foundation. Their goal with this donation is to plant a minimum of 5,000 trees.
“As two companies that are rooted in the great state of Nebraska, we’re thrilled to team up on such an important cause in the world of coffee,” stated Don Eckles, Chairman and Co-Founder, Scooter’s Coffee. “With every cup our customers drink, we’re not only preserving valuable rainforests, but also changing the lives of farmers worldwide.”
Arbor Day provides fair wages to farmers in many countries who choose to sustainably grow their coffee beans under the canopy of the rainforest. This technique, as opposed to the traditional and faster method of slashing and burning land, preserves two square feet of rainforest with every cup of Scooter’s coffee. In addition, the farmers’ fair wages help local infrastructure and increase access to healthcare and education.
“We applaud Scooter’s for bringing attention for the necessity of rainforest preservation,” stated Dan Lambe of Arbor Day Foundation. “With this partnership, we now have the ability to reach coffee lovers who might not have previously been aware of the importance of shade-grown coffee. We hope that this partnership will encourage other national coffee chains to re-examine their sourcing practices.”
Scooter’s has been running social media promotions this week and will be having numerous giveaways at its Nebraska City location on April 30, which is also home to the Arbor Day Parade. On Friday, customers can contribute to the 5,000 tree goal simply by ordering their daily cup of coffee at any Scooter’s location nationwide.
“Ultimately, we’ve made this partnership with the Arbor Day Foundation because it’s the right thing to do,” Eckles said. “It creates a chain of good that starts in a rainforest and ends with a sip of coffee, and everyone benefits.”
About Scooter’s Coffee
Founded in 1998 by Don and Linda Eckles in Bellevue, Nebraska, Scooter’s Coffee roasts only the finest coffee beans in the world at its headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska. Scooter’s success over 18 years of history is simple: stay committed to the original business principles and company core values. The Scooter’s mantra, often recited to franchisees, customers and employees is: “Amazing People, Amazing Drinks…Amazingly Fast!” It represents the company’s business origins from 1998 and reflects a steady commitment to providing an unforgettable experience to loyal customers.
For more information, visit scooterscoffee.com or Facebook.com/ScootersCoffee.
SOURCE Scooter’s Coffee
217 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Sport Clips Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS: HOW SIGNS AND GRAPHICS HELP MAKE EVENTS MORE SUCCESSFUL (8 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS ANNOUNCES YEARLONG CELEBRATION AND CHARITY CAMPAIGN (6 views)
- FASTSIGNS® OF YORK PROVIDES AWARD-WINNING SIGNS AND GRAPHICS FOR PENN STATE YORK STUDENT CENTER (5 views)
- Juice It Up! Closes Second Quarter Up Ten Percent In Same Store Sales (5 views)
- Signal 88 Security Officer of the Month, Teo Romero, April (5 views)
- California Tortilla Adds Second Location in Central Florida, More to Follow in Fall 2016 (5 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (4 views)
- Baskin-Robbins Celebrates National Ice Cream Month with Launch of Polar Pizza and Donation Program in Honor of the USO’s 75th Anniversary (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS® LEVERAGING EPSON-3M ULTRACHROME GS3 INK IN EPSON SURECOLOR S-SERIES SOLVENT PRINTERS (3 views)
- The Patrol Difference from Signal 88 Security (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® CEO Catherine Monson Joins Idealliance Board of Directors (3 views)
- Sport Clips Haircuts Donates Record $1 Million to VFW Help A Hero Scholarship Program (2 views)
- Valpak Of The Big Sky Is Back In Business In Montana (2 views)