- Sub Headline: Nebraska-Based Organizations to Celebrate with 5000 Tree Donation on National Arbor Day
- Franchise URL: http://www.ScootersCoffee.com
- Listed: April 29, 2016 11:06 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
April 29, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // Omaha, NE – Scooter’s Coffee, the national coffee franchise that has experienced tremendous growth over the past several years, announced that it has partnered with the Arbor Day Foundation to help save rainforests by sourcing only 100% shade-grown coffee. In honor of this industry-changing movement, Scooter’s will donate a portion of sales from every drink sold on Arbor Day, April 29, to the Arbor Day Foundation. Their goal with this donation is to plant a minimum of 5,000 trees.
“As two companies that are rooted in the great state of Nebraska, we’re thrilled to team up on such an important cause in the world of coffee,” stated Don Eckles, Chairman and Co-Founder, Scooter’s Coffee. “With every cup our customers drink, we’re not only preserving valuable rainforests, but also changing the lives of farmers worldwide.”
Arbor Day provides fair wages to farmers in many countries who choose to sustainably grow their coffee beans under the canopy of the rainforest. This technique, as opposed to the traditional and faster method of slashing and burning land, preserves two square feet of rainforest with every cup of Scooter’s coffee. In addition, the farmers’ fair wages help local infrastructure and increase access to healthcare and education.
“We applaud Scooter’s for bringing attention for the necessity of rainforest preservation,” stated Dan Lambe of Arbor Day Foundation. “With this partnership, we now have the ability to reach coffee lovers who might not have previously been aware of the importance of shade-grown coffee. We hope that this partnership will encourage other national coffee chains to re-examine their sourcing practices.”
Scooter’s has been running social media promotions this week and will be having numerous giveaways at its Nebraska City location on April 30, which is also home to the Arbor Day Parade. On Friday, customers can contribute to the 5,000 tree goal simply by ordering their daily cup of coffee at any Scooter’s location nationwide.
“Ultimately, we’ve made this partnership with the Arbor Day Foundation because it’s the right thing to do,” Eckles said. “It creates a chain of good that starts in a rainforest and ends with a sip of coffee, and everyone benefits.”
About Scooter’s Coffee
Founded in 1998 by Don and Linda Eckles in Bellevue, Nebraska, Scooter’s Coffee roasts only the finest coffee beans in the world at its headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska. Scooter’s success over 18 years of history is simple: stay committed to the original business principles and company core values. The Scooter’s mantra, often recited to franchisees, customers and employees is: “Amazing People, Amazing Drinks…Amazingly Fast!” It represents the company’s business origins from 1998 and reflects a steady commitment to providing an unforgettable experience to loyal customers.
For more information, visit scooterscoffee.com or Facebook.com/ScootersCoffee.
SOURCE Scooter’s Coffee
245 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet Mark Jameson, FASTSIGNS, Executive Vice President, Franchise Support & Development (5 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Sport Clips Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (2 views)
- Roosters Men’s Grooming Center Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Grooming Lounge Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- 2Good2B Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Barkefellers Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Mosquito Shield Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Wee Little Arts Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Superior Mosquito Defense Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Cinnaholic “Rolls” Out First San Diego Location (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (2 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)