- City: Ottawa
- State: Illinois
- Franchise URL: http://www.seattlesutton.com
- Listed: January 5, 2016 9:55 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
January 05, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // Ottawa, Ill. – Seattle Sutton’s Healthy Eating (SSHE), the premier provider of freshly prepared meals nationwide, kicks off its weight loss contest called Seattle Sutton’s 2016 Slim Down. For 10 weeks, the chosen Rockford area contestants will compete for prizes and improve their health by making positive lifestyle changes while losing weight.
SSHE has a successful track record with six previous contests under its belt, helping to transform people’s eating habits and overall health. SSHE held its first successful weight loss contest for the Chicago area in 2010, when 10 contestants lost a total of 372 pounds in 14 weeks. Since then, the contests have helped people lose a total of 2,421 pounds to date.
“I’m thrilled to assist these people who are taking on weight loss and improved health with our 10-week challenge. Making a lifestyle change like this is not easy and I applaud them for taking a step in the right direction. They will not only receive our delicious, freshly prepared meals at no cost, but they also compete for some amazing prizes too,“ said Seattle Sutton, RN, BSN, Founder of Seattle Sutton’s Healthy Eating.
Sutton continued, “The key to good overall health is moderation and balance and with our help, I know we will teach them about portion control and balanced nutrition. My hope is that they learn new skills in order to achieve long-term success beyond the contest.”
The family-owned company based in Ottawa, Ill., is headed by 84-year old registered nurse and matriarch, Seattle Sutton, who founded the company in hopes of helping to improve people’s eating habits and overall health by providing the healthiest meals possible. The company has never veered off the mission Sutton created since it began in 1985. Since the company’s inception, the company has prepared and provided clients coast-to-coast with nearly 100 million meals to date.
The Seattle Sutton’s 2016 Slim Down Contest is a 10-week weight loss challenge beginning on January 4, 2016 and concluding on March 14, 2016. The contestants will receive 21 SSHE meals per week for a total of 210 meals throughout the 10-week contest. The meals will consist of freshly prepared breakfast, lunch and dinner items.
The contestant who loses the most weight based on percentage of body weight will win a three-night trip for two to Riu Montego Bay, Jamaica, provided by Apple Vacations and Riu Hotels and Resorts, valued at $2,000. The second-place prize will be a $500 cash prize from SSHE, and the third-place prize will be a Macy’s gift card valued at $200, courtesy of SSHE.
Contestants will also have blood work completed, once at the beginning of the contest and once at the end, to measure fasting blood sugar, as well as have their blood pressure taken. This is a free service provided by Seattle Sutton’s Healthy Eating, as part of the contest. Contestants will be weighed each week at their nearest SSHE Rockford-area retail location when they pick up their SSHE meals.
The Seattle Sutton’s 2015 Slim Down contestants competing for improved health and great prizes are:
Lori Alario, 48, of Rockford, Ill.
JoJean Edler, 57, of Rockford, Ill.
Kathy Jarvis, 56, Rockford, Ill.
Cindy Johnson, 58, of Roscoe, Ill.
Jim Nelson, 69, of Rockford, Ill.
The contestants were chosen from entries accepted between October 5, 2015 and November 2, 2015 from web and mail entries. To learn more about the contest, visit seattlesutton.com and read the official rules.
Seattle Sutton’s Healthy Eating in cooperation with Apple Vacations and Riu Montego Bay, Jamaica sponsor the contest.
About Seattle Sutton’s Slim Down Contests
Seattle Sutton’s Slim Down Contests are weight loss contests that have transformed the lives of contestants, helping create healthy habits and improve lifestyles. Since the first challenge in 2010, the company has now held six successful contests helping contestants lose a total of 2,421 pounds to date.
About Seattle Sutton’s Healthy Eating
SSHE is a family-owned, Illinois-based freshly prepared meal company recognized for dedication to convenient, healthy eating since 1985. SSHE takes the guesswork out of portion control and calorie counting by offering complete, freshly prepared 1,200 and 2,000-calorie (per day) traditional meal plans plus a 1,500-calorie vegetarian plan. A weekly plan consists of three meals per day or 21 meals per week. Meals are available for pick up at select retail locations or via UPS delivery nationwide. To contact Seattle Sutton’s Healthy Eating, call 1-800-442-3438 or visit seattlesutton.com. You can also find SSHE on Facebook: facebook.com/SeattleSuttons and follow SSHE on Twitter: Twitter.com/SeattleSutton.
SOURCE Seattle Sutton’s Healthy Eating
196 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (4 views)
- Sport Clips Emerging Market Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Decatur Tropical Smoothie Café® to Hold a Weekend Grand Opening Celebration (4 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (4 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Sport Clips: Meet Our Team Leaders in New York… Tony & Danielle Reilly (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (4 views)
- SIGNAL 88 OFFICER OF THE MONTH FEBRUARY, BRENDON BENSON (4 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (3 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (3 views)
- Smashburger’s New Triple Double Cheeseburger Irks California’s Giant In-N-Out Burger (3 views)
- Local franchisees recognized for charitable giving (3 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (3 views)