- Sub Headline: Leading Home and Commercial Services Provider Selects Former Urban Mall Site and Joins City's Revitalization Plans; Will Convert to Class A Office Space
- Franchise URL: http://www.ServiceMaster.com
- Listed: June 6, 2016 11:53 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
MEMPHIS, TN (FranchisePOD.com) June 03, 2016 – ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SERV), a leading provider of essential residential and commercial services, today announced that it will move its global headquarters to downtown Memphis and occupy Peabody Place, joining the revitalization of the city’s downtown and bringing approximately 1,200 people to the renovated building by the end of 2017.
ServiceMaster and Belz Enterprises, the property’s owner, won enthusiastic support from city and state officials for their plans to repurpose the former downtown mall into Class A and LEED-certified office space. The company’s plans were unveiled today inside the building’s atrium before a gathering of public officials, community partners and company executives.
“We’re thrilled to be joining the downtown business community and being a part of the city’s ongoing downtown revitalization efforts,” said ServiceMaster Chief Executive Officer Rob Gillette. “We’re excited to start the process of creating a new headquarters that reflects our winning culture and will help us attract and retain great talent in Memphis.”
In addition to moving ServiceMaster’s headquarters downtown, Gillette also announced plans to create a new technology and innovation center inside the building. The 20,000-square-foot collaborative workspace will serve as a hub for the company’s efforts to showcase its businesses and transform the residential and commercial services industry through digital-mobile technology. It will also serve as an incubator for local entrepreneurs and IT developers to create an innovation engine that can attract high-tech talent and investment to Memphis, and will offer rentable co-working space. The center is expected to open in early 2017.
Gillette noted that over the past 87 years, ServiceMaster has built an exceptional service organization that stands for expertise and trusted professionals who maintain and protect 75,000 homes and business each day.
“Now it’s time for us to focus on the future and our next great wave of innovation, customer service and performance,” he said.
Since moving its corporate headquarters from Downers Grove, Ill. to Memphis in 2007, the company has celebrated several major milestones, including its 85th anniversary and publicly listing on the New York Stock Exchange in 2014. Earlier this year, ServiceMaster relaunched its corporate brand and was named one of Fortune magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies.
“We want to thank ServiceMaster for its commitment to Memphis and the future economic development and growth of the state’s largest city. Downtowns are the heart of our communities, and ServiceMaster’s new headquarters and technology and innovation center will be a great addition to downtown Memphis,” Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam said.
“ServiceMaster’s choice of Memphis clearly illustrates our city’s momentum. That ServiceMaster decided the best place to build its future is in Downtown Memphis, by reactivating this one-of-a-kind property, shows how the future of our city — particularly our core — is bright,” said Memphis Mayor Jim Strickland.
“The Greater Memphis Chamber welcomes ServiceMaster to downtown Memphis, which is booming with new business and great talent,” said Phil Trenary, president and CEO, Greater Memphis Chamber. “ServiceMaster has been a vital corporate citizen for our community and to our business leadership. We are thankful for their commitment to Memphis and look forward to that continued relationship.”
ServiceMaster’s new downtown corporate offices will be home to all three of its business segments: Terminix, American Home Shield and its Franchise Services Group, which includes well-known brands ServiceMaster Restore, ServiceMaster Clean, Merry Maids, Furniture Medic and AmeriSpec. The four-level, 328,000-square-foot structure is adjacent to the historic Peabody Hotel.
Overall, ServiceMaster employs approximately 2,200 of its 13,000 employees in the Memphis area, including call center and field-based employees. An additional 33,000 employees are part of the company’s extensive franchise network.
“The downtown Memphis community is going to get a great neighbor,” said Mark Luttrell, Mayor of Shelby County. “ServiceMaster employees are known for going above and beyond in their community service. We’ve all seen their dedication to making Memphis and the Mid-South a better place to live and work.”
Gillette noted that the company will continue to build on its legacy of service to the community, both in Memphis and in its other locations. In 2015, ServiceMaster employee volunteers accounted for more than 14,000 volunteer-hours and hundreds of in-kind donations. Its annual We Serve Day, held in August, unites employees across the United States to support local nonprofits through volunteerism.
ServiceMaster (NYSE: SERV) solves the homeowner’s dilemma. Every day, we visit more than 75,000 homes and businesses through our extensive service network of expert professionals. Technology powers our trusted experts to engage with customers so they can order, buy and receive services when, where and how they want them. Our well-recognized brands include American Home Shield (home warranties), AmeriSpec (home inspections), Furniture Medic (furniture repair), Merry Maids (residential cleaning), ServiceMaster Clean (janitorial), ServiceMaster Restore (disaster restoration) and Terminix (termite and pest control). Like, follow or visit us at facebook.com/ServiceMaster, linkedin.com/ServiceMaster, twitter.com/ServiceMaster or servicemaster.com.
552 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- FASTSIGNS® LEVERAGING EPSON-3M ULTRACHROME GS3 INK IN EPSON SURECOLOR S-SERIES SOLVENT PRINTERS (3 views)
- Local franchisees recognized for charitable giving (2 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (2 views)
- Le Macaron French Pastries Satisfies Sweet Tooth with New Beverage Offerings (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS: HOW SIGNS AND GRAPHICS HELP MAKE EVENTS MORE SUCCESSFUL (1 views)
- House Doctors of Somerset Commits to Another 10 Years (1 views)
- 10th Annual Tilted Kilt Calendar: Kilt Calendar Girls Across the Country Celebrate Launch (1 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (1 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® RECEIVES TWO HORIZON INTERACTIVE AWARDS FOR WEBSITE DESIGN & FUNCTIONALITY (1 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (1 views)
- GYMGUYZ Launches International Expansion with First Canadian Franchise Agreements (1 views)
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Continues Nontraditional Unit Expansion with Successful Phoenix-Area Walmart Opening (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (1 views)