- Sub Headline: Southern California Fast-Casual Restaurant Concept Brings its “Feel Good About Eating” Experience to Portland Suburb as Part of Ongoing Expansion Plans
- Franchise URL: http://www.Sharkys.com
- Twitter URL: https://twitter.com/sharkyssocial
- Facebook URL: https://www.facebook.com/SharkysSocial
- Instagram URL: https://www.instagram.com/sharkyssocial/
- Ad Agency: Peacock PR
- Agency Contact: Erin Peacock
- Agency URL: http://www.PeacockPublicRelations.com
- Agency Phone: 949-939-1872
- Agency Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Listed: April 19, 2016 12:14 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Westlake Village, CA (FranchisePOD.com) April 19, 2016 – Sharky’s Woodfired Mexican Grill®, a premium fast-casual restaurant and lifestyle brand offering an award-winning and innovative Mexican-inspired menu, has opened its first location outside of California in Tualatin, Ore. Sharky’s Woodfired Mexican Grill now has a total of 24 restaurants, with plans to strategically open additional corporate and franchise locations in the Western United States, including California, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Idaho, and Colorado.
Sharky’s was founded in 1992 by CEO Steven Paperno, who wanted to combine the variety of flavors he enjoyed traveling through Mexico with his passion for healthy living. With a mission to offer an alternative to processed and unhealthy foods, Paperno set out to create a welcoming dining experience where guests “Feel Good About Eating.” Sharky’s offers a variety of flavorful, inventive and made-to-order menu items made with fresh, natural, organic or locally sourced ingredients combined with unique stone oven and mesquite-grill cooking styles for enhanced flavor.
“Portland is the ideal market for Sharky’s Woodfired Mexican Grill to open its first restaurant outside our homebase of Southern California,” said Steven Paperno, founder and CEO, Sharky’s Woodfired Mexican Grill. “As more Americans continue to embrace healthier dining and lifestyle options, Sharky’s is in an optimal position to steadily grow into new markets in the Western United States during the next few years.”
The new Sharky’s in Tualatin is located at 7715 SW Nyberg Street at the Nyberg Rivers Shopping Center. It is locally operated by Charise Sargent, a Portland-area resident with strong ties to the local community. The 2,800-square foot restaurant comfortably seats more than 80 guests inside and outside under a covered patio. Hours of operation are from 10:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. daily.
“There really is no restaurant concept like Sharky’s Woodfired Mexican Grill, and I’m delighted to bring its inspired Mexican menu offerings to Tualatin,” said Sargent. “For 24 years, Sharky’s has stayed true to its mission of offering an inspired, better-for-you menu that doesn’t compromise on flavor or ingenuity, and that will resonate strongly among our guests in Oregon.”
At Sharky’s Woodfired Mexican Grill, guests can choose from burritos filled with organic beans and rice and all-natural, mesquite-grilled chicken or beef; marinated, mesquite-grilled organic tofu tacos; superfood salads with organic greens and quinoa; stone-fired pizzas, and many other hand-crafted, fresh and nutritionally dense choices. Sharky’s menu accommodates a variety of different lifestyles and dining choices, including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free.
Since its founding, Sharky’s has remained committed to sourcing only the best ingredients, and today offers:
- All-natural chicken breast that contains no added preservatives, hormones or phosphates.
- All-natural Angus steak that is antibiotic free with no added hormones.
- Wild-Caught Alaska salmon, which is MSC-certified and other Wild-Caught fish selections that are sustainable and help maintain healthy oceans.
- Corn for chips that is GMO-free, with chips fried in non-GMO Project-verified Canola oil.
- Marinated, grilled organic Tofu, which is non-GMO Project-verified and U.S. grown.
- Organic black and pinto beans that are made without lard.
- Organic whole grain brown rice and long grain white rice.
- Organic baby greens, baby spinach, baby kale and Romaine lettuce.
- Yams that are also organic.
- Cheese and sour cream are rBGH-free.
Sharky’s in Tualatin also features a stellar selection of local craft beers, ciders and Komubucha such as: 2 Towns Bright Cider, Full Sail Session Wheat, Gilgamesh Terry Porter, Deschutes Fresh-Squeezed IPA, Cascade Locks Hopsmack IPA, Georgetown Beer Manny Pale Ale, and Dr. Brew Clear Mind Komubucha. Handcrafted seasonal beverages include a flavorful selection of sangrias and lemonades including Watermelon Basil, Pineapple Lime, Blueberry Mint, Strawberry Cilantro, and Honeydew Cucumber. Infused teas include Hibiscus Ginger Green Tea, Cinnamon Orange Black Tea and Pineapple Ginger Tropical Tea.
The new restaurant also features Sharky’s new enhanced design, incorporating natural elements such as sandblasted Douglas Fir beams, Carrera marble counters and reclaimed wood throughout the interior. The warm yet contemporary design also features galvanized steel tables and oversize glass mason jar light fixtures, plus recycled or reclaimed elements both inside and outside the restaurant. Commissioned artwork throughout the restaurant includes black-and-white food photos to further reinforce Sharky’s use of fresh ingredients.
About Sharky’s Woodfired Mexican Grill
Sharky’s Woodfired Mexican Grill is a lifestyle franchise brand that is all about food with purpose, inspiring change and creating paths to a healthier, more sustainable world. Based on the vision of the founder, Steve Paperno, Sharky’s combines the distinctive variety of flavors he experienced traveling through Mexico with innovative recipes and his passion for healthy living. Sharky’s innovative menu strives to use fresh, natural and organic ingredients combined with unique stone oven and mesquite-grilled cooking styles for enhanced flavor. The brand is committed to make a difference in the way that people dine out, including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options. Sharky’s was named the 22ndFastest Growing Small Chain Restaurant in the U.S. by Restaurant Business Magazine in 2014. Sharky’s has 23 locations throughout the state of California, and recently opened its first location outside of California in Tualatin, Ore. Sharky’s plans to open more restaurants in and outside of California in coming years. For more information about franchising opportunities, please visit http://www.sharkys.com/franchise/why-sharkys/.
For more information about Sharky’s, please visit Sharkys.com, or connect socially with @SharkysSocial or #SharkysShare.
339 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (7 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (6 views)
- FASTSIGNS® OF YORK PROVIDES AWARD-WINNING SIGNS AND GRAPHICS FOR PENN STATE YORK STUDENT CENTER (5 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees at Idealliance Experience Annual Conference May 3-5 (3 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (2 views)
- Meet Mark Jameson, FASTSIGNS, Executive Vice President, Franchise Support & Development (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON NAMED IN TOP 20 FACES OF FRANCHISING (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL RECEIVES CFA 2017 AWARD (2 views)
- NEW BUSINESS IN TOWN: FASTSIGNS® OF EUGENE NOW OPEN (2 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- Three local FastSigns recognized for top performance (2 views)