- Sub Headline: Sal DeRose’s “Safety, Security, and Peace of Mind: Keeping People Safe Where They Live (Volume 1)” explains why Signal 88’s methods stand out in the booming security industry
- Listed: March 28, 2017 12:15 pm
- Expires: 188 days, 5 hours
Signal 88 Security Franchisee Highlights the Brand’s Unique Approach to Keeping Communities Safe
While Signal 88 Security has a long history of attracting franchisees from all walks of life, the brand’s owners all have one thing in common: a passion for keeping their local communities safe. That’s how Greater Philadelphia Area Signal 88 business owner Salvatore (Sal) DeRose found his way to the brand. In what seems like a somewhat random career path, DeRose would tell you that every step he’s taken has led him to exactly where he needs to be. From his military service to running his own IT company, DeRose’s most exciting venture yet has been with his Signal 88 business, and the book he co-authored in late 2016.
“Safety, Security, and Peace of Mind: Keeping People Safe Where They Live (Volume 1),” written by DeRose and edited by Stephanie J. Beavers, serves as an extensive guide for security in a number of situations, like college and university residence halls, apartment complexes and senior care facilities.
For DeRose, creating and sharing a digestible piece of literature that could explain why security is important—along with the best ways to implement it—felt like the opportunity to share the genius behind Signal 88’s groundbreaking security system. To prep for writing the book, DeRose poured over security books, interviewed other Signal 88 business owners and scoured the FBI’s website for any useful information.
“The truth is, the Signal 88 system for security is simply more effective than traditional security,” says DeRose. “Whereas most security companies have someone sit still in a little booth at the edge of a community, Signal 88 has trained security guards patrol an entire area so that they can actually keep an eye on what’s going on. I want more property managers to learn about the benefits of using a patrol-driven security company. That’s the main reason why I wrote this book.”
While authoring a book with no previous writing experience might seem like an unapproachable challenge for most, DeRose has a history of taking calculated risks. And that kind of risk taking is exactly what has accelerated his career.
After earning a business degree with a concentration in accounting and a master’s in project management from Temple University, DeRose enlisted in the Army, starting as a Private and eventually becoming a medic stationed out of Madigan Army Medical Center. Once he finished his service, he became a CPA, which is how he surprisingly became interested in security. As a CPA, and eventually through running his own IT company, DeRose had to ensure his client’s systems for storing financial and sensitive information was completely secure.
“Security has always been part of what I’ve done, whether it has been in finance or IT,” says DeRose. “Eventually, I sold my IT company and became the vice president of finance for an educational staffing company, Source4Teachers, for about a year, but really came to realize that at the end of the day, I want to be my own boss. So when I found Signal 88, I knew it was a good fit for me.”
DeRose’s book title ends with the words “Volume 1,” signaling that DeRose is planning to write more. For him, it’s all about getting the right information to the right people, and showing his potential clients that Signal 88 is truly the expert amongst the security companies out there.
DeRose’s book is currently available on Amazon, both in paperback or on Kindle.
The Signal 88 Security Franchise Team is looking forward to answering all of your questions about owning your own franchise. Simply fill out the EZ Form below and we will contact you right away. We promise you will be amazed at just how bright your future can be when you are a valued member of the Signal 88 Security Family!
252 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help (3 views)
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (1 views)
- Twisted Taco Opens New Location in Alpharetta (3 views)
- Smashburger’s New Triple Double Cheeseburger Irks California’s Giant In-N-Out Burger (2 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (2 views)
- A Flavorful Fall Is Coming to Dunkin’ Donuts this Month (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchisee Highlights the Brand’s Unique Approach to Keeping Communities Safe (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security – Reed Nyffeler – The Ideal Franchise Candidate (1 views)
- Debra Sawyer: Successfully Bringing a Woman’s Touch to Sport Clips’ Guy-Themed Concept (1 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (1 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security – Reed Nyffeler – Signal 88’s Vision (1 views)
- DRNK & QWENCH Announces Huge Development News! (1 views)
- VaporFi Continues Expansion with Seven Store Openings in Atlanta (1 views)