- Sub Headline: Sal DeRose’s “Safety, Security, and Peace of Mind: Keeping People Safe Where They Live (Volume 1)” explains why Signal 88’s methods stand out in the booming security industry
- FranchisePOD Showcase: http://franchisepod.com/ads/signal-88-security-franchise-opportunities/
- Listed: March 28, 2017 12:15 pm
- Expires: 275 days, 5 hours
Signal 88 Security Franchisee Highlights the Brand’s Unique Approach to Keeping Communities Safe
While Signal 88 Security has a long history of attracting franchisees from all walks of life, the brand’s owners all have one thing in common: a passion for keeping their local communities safe. That’s how Greater Philadelphia Area Signal 88 business owner Salvatore (Sal) DeRose found his way to the brand. In what seems like a somewhat random career path, DeRose would tell you that every step he’s taken has led him to exactly where he needs to be. From his military service to running his own IT company, DeRose’s most exciting venture yet has been with his Signal 88 business, and the book he co-authored in late 2016.
“Safety, Security, and Peace of Mind: Keeping People Safe Where They Live (Volume 1),” written by DeRose and edited by Stephanie J. Beavers, serves as an extensive guide for security in a number of situations, like college and university residence halls, apartment complexes and senior care facilities.
For DeRose, creating and sharing a digestible piece of literature that could explain why security is important—along with the best ways to implement it—felt like the opportunity to share the genius behind Signal 88’s groundbreaking security system. To prep for writing the book, DeRose poured over security books, interviewed other Signal 88 business owners and scoured the FBI’s website for any useful information.
“The truth is, the Signal 88 system for security is simply more effective than traditional security,” says DeRose. “Whereas most security companies have someone sit still in a little booth at the edge of a community, Signal 88 has trained security guards patrol an entire area so that they can actually keep an eye on what’s going on. I want more property managers to learn about the benefits of using a patrol-driven security company. That’s the main reason why I wrote this book.”
While authoring a book with no previous writing experience might seem like an unapproachable challenge for most, DeRose has a history of taking calculated risks. And that kind of risk taking is exactly what has accelerated his career.
After earning a business degree with a concentration in accounting and a master’s in project management from Temple University, DeRose enlisted in the Army, starting as a Private and eventually becoming a medic stationed out of Madigan Army Medical Center. Once he finished his service, he became a CPA, which is how he surprisingly became interested in security. As a CPA, and eventually through running his own IT company, DeRose had to ensure his client’s systems for storing financial and sensitive information was completely secure.
“Security has always been part of what I’ve done, whether it has been in finance or IT,” says DeRose. “Eventually, I sold my IT company and became the vice president of finance for an educational staffing company, Source4Teachers, for about a year, but really came to realize that at the end of the day, I want to be my own boss. So when I found Signal 88, I knew it was a good fit for me.”
DeRose’s book title ends with the words “Volume 1,” signaling that DeRose is planning to write more. For him, it’s all about getting the right information to the right people, and showing his potential clients that Signal 88 is truly the expert amongst the security companies out there.
DeRose’s book is currently available on Amazon, both in paperback or on Kindle.
147 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Hooters Celebrates National Chicken Wing Day with All-You-Can-Eat Wings (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (3 views)
- Backed by More Than Two Decades of Success, Sport Clips Has Positioned Itself as a Premier Investment Opportunity for Lenders (3 views)
- How the FASTSIGNS Co-Brand Opportunity is Helping This Veteran Photo Company Video (3 views)
- The Habit Burger Grill Celebrates Summer with All-New Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Salad (3 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- Zerorez® The Right Way to Clean® Opens in St. Louis (2 views)
- N Zone Sports Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- GolfTEC to Open Enhanced Centers in New, Existing Markets (2 views)
- Swisher Hygiene founder expands new franchise in Arizona (2 views)
- Denny Hamlin and Sport Clips Honor Military at Ft. Bragg, Unveil “Throwback” Scheme for Darlington Race Weekend (2 views)
- “Ice Age: Collision Course” Is Taking Over Menchie’s (2 views)
- HouseMaster LLC Announces Appointment of New CFO, Adam Campbell (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchisee Highlights the Brand’s Unique Approach to Keeping Communities Safe (1 views)