- Sub Headline: Popular Canadian Facial-Only Concept skoah to Expand in U.S. via Franchising
- Franchise URL: http://www.Skoah.com
- Listed: July 1, 2016 10:59 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (FranchisePOD.com) -The idea of skin care workouts will soon become as commonplace in the United States as it is in Canada. Skoah, a wildly popular British Columbian facial-only shop, has announced the development of a U.S. franchise offering that will kick off with the sale of three existing company-owned locations in Seattle to qualifying franchisees.
Created by husband-and-wife team Andrea and Chris Scott, skoah has seen more than a decade of success in Canada. Not long after opening the first location and realizing the full potential of the concept, the couple began expanding skoah and opened additional locations throughout Vancouver, and then Calgary. In fact, skoah’s facials became so well known throughout Canada that it is not unlikely for a customer walking around Vancouver after an appointment be recognized for his or her “skoah glow-ah.”
“We gained a loyal following by not only focusing on guest empathy, skincare education and allowing guests to purchase our proprietary line of tested products, but by offering a relaxing, convenient alternative to traditional stuffy, intimidating spas. No whale music, no bubbling cherubs and no pretentious attitudes allowed,” said co-founder Andrea Scott.
The popularity of the brand prompted Pete Dziedzic, a Yale-educated lawyer who had visited a skoah while on vacation, to reach out to the founders to see if he could bring the concept to his native city of Boston. Pete went on to open two skoah locations as a licensed dealer in Beantown that are now perennially on all of the “best of” lists, including Boston Magazine’s just-announced Best Facial of 2016. It was this initial success in the United States that lead the Scotts to open three company-owned locations in Seattle.
Realizing that part of its success in Vancouver, Calgary and Boston stemmed from having local owners entrenched in the community, the Scotts decided franchising was their ideal model for growing the brand. Their first focus will be selling the three existing locations in Seattle to a qualified candidate familiar with the market.
In addition to Seattle, skoah is offering franchises nationwide, initially focusing on Washington, California, Texas, Illinois, Arizona and Oregon. Chris Scott points out that franchisees for skoah will benefit from a balanced stream of two revenue sources – products and services – noting that product sales in most skoah shops make up between 50-70 percent of total revenue. Coupled with the repeat business derived from memberships, as well as proven systems already in place from existing thriving locations, new skoah franchisees have a strong foundation to build on.
“Skoah’s potential is limitless. Countless people across Boston, Vancouver and Calgary can’t go a month without visiting their Skin Care Trainer,” he said. “Entrepreneurs who are passionate about skin care and education and who are well connected in their community will thrive with skoah, just like we have been doing in Canada for the past 15 years.”
Skoah is a facial shop specializing in personal training for your skin. It is a first to market concept offering facials by a team of Skin Care Trainers who place an emphasis on guest education and quality care. Founded by Andrea and Chris Scott in Vancouver in 2001, the spa has grown to 17 locations throughout the United States and Canada. In 2016 the company announced it would begin selling its franchise opportunity. For more information please visit www.skoah.com.
Mandi Gualtieri, (847) 945-1300
488 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Announces First European Master Franchise (2 views)
- Altitude Trampoline Park Springing In To Skokie, IL In 2018 (3 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (3 views)
- Local Entrepreneur Opens Beeline Bikes in San Antonio (3 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (3 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- How the FASTSIGNS Co-Brand Opportunity is Helping This Veteran Photo Company Video (2 views)
- Le Macaron French Pastries Satisfies Sweet Tooth with New Beverage Offerings (2 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (2 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)
- DRNK & QWENCH Announces Huge Development News! (2 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (2 views)
- Couple Expands FASTSIGNS® Business by Opening Third Location in Johns Creek, GA (2 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (2 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (2 views)