- Sub Headline: Executive Chef/Owner Andrew Gruel Welcomes Another Franchisee
- City: Brea
- State: California
- Listed: November 20, 2015 8:34 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
November 12, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // Brea, CA – Slapfish will open the doors to its sixth Southern California location in Brea in December 2015. Located in Brea’s new marketplace Village at La Floresta (3405 E. Imperial Highway), Slapfish will focus on fresh, sustainable seafood prepared simply with big flavors, and will offer a variety of Slapfish signature dishes, including Concept Creator & Executive Chef Andrew Gruel’s Chowder Fries, clobster rolls, tacos, and fish & chips.
Earlier this year, Slapfish and international franchise development company, Fransmart, announced a multi-unit deal with a new Southern California franchisee, Doug Pham, who will open three new locations. Slapfish Brea will be Pham’s first location, with two additional Southern California locations that have yet to be disclosed.
“We’re excited to continue expansion across Southern California where the demand for fun, fresh, and sustainable seafood is ever increasing,” explained Chef Andrew Gruel, who hosts FYI Television Network’s hit new series “Say It To My Face.” “With each expansion, we advance our mission to take sustainable seafood worldwide.”
Slapfish Executive Chef/Owner Andrew Gruel currently owns and operates locations in Huntington Beach, Laguna Beach and at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). This year, his concept has opened franchised locations in Newport Beach and Irvine. Pham’s three locations add to Slapfish’s already impressive expansion plan, which includes new stores set to open across the U.S. in 2016, when the concept will debut on the east coast in Maryland at the Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI).
Gruel is currently scouting franchisees to open locations Austin, Portland and Chicago and expects to have nine locations open by the end of 2016, including six corporate-run stores in Southern California. In the midst of expansion, Slapfish continues to emphasize its focus on fresh, sustainable seafood and local community partnerships. To further emphasize Slapfish’s unwavering commitment to sustainability, future stores will make use of reclaimed materials and strive to earn the 3-Star Certification from the Green Restaurant Association that it’s achieved at its other locations.
Those interested in weekly updates, expansion details, and specials may join Slapfish’s e-mail list and follow Slapfish on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. More information, menus, and locations can also be found on the Slapfish website.
Orange County is home to Slapfish, a modern seafood shack founded by Chef Andrew Gruel. At its core, the noted food truck-turned-restaurant presents a real American seafood experience that revolves around fresh, sustainable fish, prepared simply, but delivering big flavors. His ocean-fresh menu emphasizes bib-worthy dishes and bold flavors, with seafood sourced from well-managed suppliers of eco-friendly seafood.
Chef Gruel grew up fishing, surfing, and ultimately making a living with the ocean as a seafood-loving Chef. His goal at Slapfish is to change the way people think about and choose their seafood. He has made it his mission to get people to eat more seafood, but eat the right types of seafood, by emphasizing that sustainable tastes better. Slapfish works closely with multiple organizations to ensure that they are utilizing the most current data on over-fishing, harmful fishing practices and responsible fish farming. His partnerships with the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, CA, and Seafood for the Future, allow them to source the highest quality, healthiest seafood.
With Chef Gruel as a spokesperson for sustainable seafood practices, Slapfish separates itself on the county’s culinary landscape by empowering the community with fresh and responsibly sourced offerings. Chef Gruel has also gained a fan club across the U.S., by serving as a judge on The Cooking Channel’s Food Truck Face Off. He also has a Food Network show in production for release in 2014. The Slapfish menu is reviewed by a team of experts and scientists in conservation and marine biology at the Aquarium of the Pacific’s sustainable seafood program, Seafood for the Future. Chef Gruel’s menu revolves around a variety of daily and seasonally changing features, including Chowder Fries, Clobster Cakes, East Coast Style Lobster Roll, Award-Winning Fish and Chips, Baja Fish Tacos, and Lobster Toast. Since opening its first restaurant location in 2012, Slapfish has created a distinct brand that revolves around “boat-to-plate” cuisine in a casual, relaxed setting. The brand is poised to grow to additional locations in the upcoming year.
Slapfish currently has locations in Huntington Beach, California (19696 Beach Blvd., in the Newland Center at Adams); Laguna Beach (211 Broadway Street, across from Main Beach at PCH); Newport Beach (2727 Newport Boulevard); Los Angeles (at LAX – Los Angeles International Airport; 1 World Way); and Irvine (4249 Campus Drive in the University Center, near the University of California – Irvine campus), as well as locations in the Middle East. For more information, visit slapfishrestaurant.com.
+1 818 749 1931
109 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Hooters Celebrates National Chicken Wing Day with All-You-Can-Eat Wings (4 views)
- How the FASTSIGNS Co-Brand Opportunity is Helping This Veteran Photo Company Video (3 views)
- The Habit Burger Grill Celebrates Summer with All-New Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Salad (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (3 views)
- Backed by More Than Two Decades of Success, Sport Clips Has Positioned Itself as a Premier Investment Opportunity for Lenders (3 views)
- N Zone Sports Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- GolfTEC to Open Enhanced Centers in New, Existing Markets (2 views)
- Swisher Hygiene founder expands new franchise in Arizona (2 views)
- Denny Hamlin and Sport Clips Honor Military at Ft. Bragg, Unveil “Throwback” Scheme for Darlington Race Weekend (2 views)
- “Ice Age: Collision Course” Is Taking Over Menchie’s (2 views)
- HouseMaster LLC Announces Appointment of New CFO, Adam Campbell (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- Zerorez® The Right Way to Clean® Opens in St. Louis (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. RECEIVES 2016 SECRETARY OF DEFENSE EMPLOYER SUPPORT FREEDOM AWARD (1 views)