- Sub Headline: Industry Veteran to lead Burger Brand's Continued Success and Rapid Growth
- Franchise URL: http://www.SmashBurger.com
- Listed: April 27, 2016 2:28 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
DENVER, April 27, 2016 /FranchisePOD.com/ – Smashburger, the nation’s fastest growing “better burger” concept, today has appointed Michael Nolan as President & Chief Executive Officer to lead the concept into its next phase of growth and development. Nolan joined the Smashburger brand in February of this year as Executive Vice President & Chief Development Officer, overseeing the company’s Development (Real Estate, Construction, Design and Facilities), Franchise Sales, IT and Strategy Departments.
Nolan has more than 25 years of experience in restaurant development strategy and executive level management, successfully growing national and international brands. Most recently Michael served as Corner Bakery’s Executive Vice President and Chief Development Officer. He also has held executive level management positions at Bloomin’ Brands, Inc. where he oversaw the restaurant development strategy for more than 1,500 locations across 26 countries. Nolan held several executive positions and led growth strategies for Panera Bread Company during a 12 year expansion phase that saw units grow from 250 to more than 1,500. Michael has served as a member of the Smashburger Board of Advisors since 2012.
“Michael has a great history with the Smashburger brand and a great career delivering unparalleled food and hospitality experiences for customers around the world,” commented Rick Schaden, Chairman and Co-Founder of Smashburger. “At Smashburger we continue to set aggressive goals for quality, value, service and sales on an increasingly large scale. Michael’s experience and perspective will be instrumental as we evolve from a regional player to a food first global brand.”
This announcement follows a significant recapitalization of Smashburger completed in Q4 2015. In late 2015 Smashburger announced a new strategic partnership with Jollibee Foods Corporation (PSE: JFC), a Manilla based company operating multiple brands worldwide.
Outgoing CEO Scott Crane joined the company in 2007, when Smashburger had just two stores in Denver, CO. Under his leadership, Smashburger firmly established its place as a leader in the better burger category, growing to over 365 restaurants and consistently ranking as “best burger” in many markets. He was elevated to CEO in 2013.
“Scott is a valued leader and great friend,” said Schaden. “He is an executive who has great food service embedded in his DNA. We have a deep appreciation for everything he has done for the company, our brand and, most importantly, our people.”
Smashburger currently operates and is in development in more than 365 restaurants across the United States, United Kingdom, Kuwait, Canada, El Salvador, Panama, Costa Rica, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. Smashburger will continue to grow at a strong pace with a mission of bringing great burgers back to Americans and sharing them with the world.
For more information on Smashburger, please visit www.smashburger.com or check us out on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Smashburger is a leading fast casual “better burger” restaurant known for its fresh never frozen, 100% Certified Angus Beef® burgers that are smashed on the grill to sear in the juices, creating an upscale quality burger packed with flavor and served at a great value. In addition to burgers, Smashburger offers grilled or crispy chicken sandwiches, fresh salads, signature side items such as Haystack onions and Veggie Frites, and hand-spun Haagen-Dazs® shakes. On each market menu, Smashburger offers locally inspired items like the regional burger, as well as regional sides and local craft beer. Smashburger began in 2007 with the vision of Rick Schaden and funding by Consumer Capital Partners—the private equity firm that Rick and his father Richard own. There are currently over 365 corporate and franchise restaurants operating in 35 states and seven countries. To learn more, visit www.smashburger.com
241 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- Veterans Find Second Career as VaporFi Franchise Owners (2 views)
- Backed by More Than Two Decades of Success, Sport Clips Has Positioned Itself as a Premier Investment Opportunity for Lenders (2 views)
- International Franchise Association to Host Annual Convention Jan. 29 – Feb. 1, 2017 (1 views)
- Sport Clips: Experience Growth with Our Salon Franchise Opportunity (1 views)
- Bismarck Tribune: Signal 88 Security Eyes North Dakota for Development (1 views)
- Joshua Trejo – Sport Clips Help A Hero Scholarship Recipient Video (1 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISE HOSTED A WEEK-LONG OPEN HOUSE (1 views)
- Big Whiskey’s Signs First Franchisee in Bentonville, AR (1 views)
- Amazing Lash Studio Announces Milestone Opening (1 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (1 views)
- The Sport Clips Continuity Rate (1 views)
- Ecolab Sells Swisher Restroom Cleaning Business to Enviro-Master (1 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (1 views)