- Sub Headline: Snapology and Penn State is bringing FIRST LEGO League to the region
- Franchise URL: http://www.Snapology.com
- Listed: July 1, 2016 8:08 am
- Expires: 64 days, 17 hours
July 01, 2016 (FranchisePOD.com) PITTSBURGH – Snapology – an interactive play-based concept offering programs that teach STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics) and other concepts mainly using building materials such as LEGO® bricks and related technology – has connected with Penn State to help bring the FIRST LEGO League competition to the Greater Reading, PA area in order to offer the same opportunity to participate in the global competition.
“STEAM is important because it affects every aspect of our lives,” said co-owner Chuck Hatalsky. “STEAM is our children’s future – they will be finding solutions for global warming, cancer, hunger, and impacting the world economy.”
The FIRST LEGO League is a competition where teams create solutions to real-world problems such as food safety, helping seniors, recycling, and energy. The teams must use LEGO® bricks to create the prototype of their idea. Due to the partnership between Snapology as a liaison, and Penn State, as the contracted non-profit to host the FIRST LEGO League tournament in January, children in this region of Pennsylvania will have the opportunity to share their global solutions.
“We realized that teachers cannot do it all on their own,” said Hatalsky. “We opened Snapology of Reading to foster social engagement, enlighten the power of imagination, and develop community involvement through fun and interactive learning.”
The FIRST LEGO League has regional tournaments where children compete to show their ideas and inventions. Teams will have the opportunity to earn an invitation to compete with teams from all around the world in the FIRST LEGO League World Festival.
Snapology offers a wide array of interactive, play-based activities including enrichment classes, birthday parties, workshops, camps, scouting events and field trips – mainly using building materials such as LEGO® bricks and other similar building tools and technology. The programs can be customized based on the number of children, age of children and time allotment, and can be broken down into individual classes, such as superhero or Minecraft themed events, competition robotics teams, science classes, team building events and motor skill development courses that are perfect for pre-school children.
Additionally, the curriculum is designed to benefit gifted and traditional students, as well as children with special needs, including those with sensory processing and autism spectrum disorders.
The competition will be held at the Penn State Berks campus on January 21, 2017.
For more information on the Snapology of Reading, please visit: www.reading.snapology.com.
For more information on the FIRST LEGO League, please visit: www.firstlegoleague.org.
Founded in 2010 and franchising since 2015, Snapology’s mission is to provide children with an opportunity to engage in playful learning activities that stimulate creativity and an interest in learning. Using LEGO® bricks and other building toys, Snapology emphasizes STEAM principles, teamwork & socialization. With 27 locations currently open and operating throughout the United States and Canada, company plans call for expanding nationally with its unique, education-based franchise opportunity. For more information, visit www.snapology.com.
Franchise Elevator PR
279 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Sport Clips Franchise Opportunities (10 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (9 views)
- Meet Mark Jameson, FASTSIGNS, Executive Vice President, Franchise Support & Development (9 views)
- Sirius Day Spa Franchise Opportunities (9 views)
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (8 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (8 views)
- California Tortilla Adds Second Location in Central Florida, More to Follow in Fall 2016 (8 views)
- Jamba Juice Appoints Rachel Phillips-Luther as Chief Marketing Officer (6 views)
- Real Living Pittman Properties Celebrates 40 Years in Business (4 views)
- N.C. Baker Brings Home National Title To Stonehenge Bruegger’s Bagels Location (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Continues Co-Brand Program Growth With Addition Of Prominent Photo Industry Expert And Business Leader (4 views)
- Murphy Business & Financial Corporation LLC Names Top Executives to The “Multi-Million Dollar Club” (4 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® FRANCHISEE ACQUIRES MAMMOTH SIGNS (4 views)
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Celebrates 79th Birthday in a Big Way (4 views)
- Sirius Day Spa Gets Serious by Awarding 200 Regional Developer Licenses in its First 90 Days (4 views)