- Sub Headline: Snapology and Penn State is bringing FIRST LEGO League to the region
- Franchise URL: http://www.Snapology.com
- Listed: July 1, 2016 8:08 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
July 01, 2016 (FranchisePOD.com) PITTSBURGH – Snapology – an interactive play-based concept offering programs that teach STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics) and other concepts mainly using building materials such as LEGO® bricks and related technology – has connected with Penn State to help bring the FIRST LEGO League competition to the Greater Reading, PA area in order to offer the same opportunity to participate in the global competition.
“STEAM is important because it affects every aspect of our lives,” said co-owner Chuck Hatalsky. “STEAM is our children’s future – they will be finding solutions for global warming, cancer, hunger, and impacting the world economy.”
The FIRST LEGO League is a competition where teams create solutions to real-world problems such as food safety, helping seniors, recycling, and energy. The teams must use LEGO® bricks to create the prototype of their idea. Due to the partnership between Snapology as a liaison, and Penn State, as the contracted non-profit to host the FIRST LEGO League tournament in January, children in this region of Pennsylvania will have the opportunity to share their global solutions.
“We realized that teachers cannot do it all on their own,” said Hatalsky. “We opened Snapology of Reading to foster social engagement, enlighten the power of imagination, and develop community involvement through fun and interactive learning.”
The FIRST LEGO League has regional tournaments where children compete to show their ideas and inventions. Teams will have the opportunity to earn an invitation to compete with teams from all around the world in the FIRST LEGO League World Festival.
Snapology offers a wide array of interactive, play-based activities including enrichment classes, birthday parties, workshops, camps, scouting events and field trips – mainly using building materials such as LEGO® bricks and other similar building tools and technology. The programs can be customized based on the number of children, age of children and time allotment, and can be broken down into individual classes, such as superhero or Minecraft themed events, competition robotics teams, science classes, team building events and motor skill development courses that are perfect for pre-school children.
Additionally, the curriculum is designed to benefit gifted and traditional students, as well as children with special needs, including those with sensory processing and autism spectrum disorders.
The competition will be held at the Penn State Berks campus on January 21, 2017.
For more information on the Snapology of Reading, please visit: www.reading.snapology.com.
For more information on the FIRST LEGO League, please visit: www.firstlegoleague.org.
Founded in 2010 and franchising since 2015, Snapology’s mission is to provide children with an opportunity to engage in playful learning activities that stimulate creativity and an interest in learning. Using LEGO® bricks and other building toys, Snapology emphasizes STEAM principles, teamwork & socialization. With 27 locations currently open and operating throughout the United States and Canada, company plans call for expanding nationally with its unique, education-based franchise opportunity. For more information, visit www.snapology.com.
Franchise Elevator PR
344 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (19 views)
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (13 views)
- Red Cross and Sport Clips Haircuts offer free haircut coupon to blood and platelet donors (25 views)
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe Signs 100th Franchise Agreement Of 2017 (19 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (18 views)
- New PickUp USA Fitness Franchise Opening in Las Vegas (17 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (17 views)
- Brightway Insurance names new Chairman; David Miller becomes Executive Chairman (17 views)
- Signal 88 Security, a Premier Security Services Franchise, Announces Strategic Growth Plan to Add Locations Nationwide (17 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (15 views)
- Office Evolution Makes Prestigious Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing U.S. Private Companies (14 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – The Vision is Clear (13 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – Rise 2017 Planned Breakout Sessions (11 views)
- Twisted Taco Opens New Location in Alpharetta (11 views)
- FOCUS Brands Celebrates the Opening of 600 International Stores for both Auntie Anne’s ® and Cinnabon ® Brands (10 views)