Soft Pretzel Rolls Now Available at Breakfast? Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s Introduce the New Pretzel Breakfast Sandwich
CARPINTERIA, Calif. – April 20, 2016 – (FranchisePOD.com) – Starting today, Carl’s Jr.® and Hardee’s® join forces with Auntie Anne’s®, the world’s largest soft pretzel franchise, to redefine the identity of a New York City sidewalk staple with the introduction of the Pretzel Breakfast Sandwich, available at participating restaurants nationwide.
Featuring a savory sausage patty, the new breakfast item is topped with egg and both American and Swiss cheeses, all nestled between the golden-goodness of an Auntie Anne’s soft pretzel roll.
“Soft pretzels sold from carts on the streets of New York City are pretty ubiquitous, but they don’t really deliver what most people are looking for at breakfast,” says Brad Haley, chief marketing officer for Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s restaurants. “With the new Pretzel Breakfast Sandwich, Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s have solved that problem by putting sausage, egg and cheese inside a delicious Auntie Anne’s soft pretzel roll. Our breakfast customers are in for a real treat.”
“We are thrilled to be partnering with Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s on such a deliciously satisfying, yet unexpected breakfast item,” said Heather Neary, president of Auntie Anne’s. “This partnership is a tremendous opportunity for us to delight our passionate fans in a fresh way.”
The new Pretzel Breakfast Sandwich is available for $2.99 and may also be ordered in a combo meal with Hash Browns and a drink starting at $4.69. Prices may vary by location.
Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s will promote the Pretzel Breakfast Sandwich with a comedic new ad campaign titled “Pretzel Guys,” featuring New York City pretzel cart vendors reacting as you might expect them to when they’re asked for a soft pretzel with sausage, eggs and cheese. Developed by Los Angeles-, New York- and Amsterdam-based creative agency 72andSunny, the commercial will begin airing on TV nationally on April 25, as well as on the chains’ YouTube channels.
Follow Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s on Facebook (www.facebook.com/carlsjr and www.facebook.com/hardees), Twitter (@CarlsJr and @Hardees) and Instagram (@CarlsJr and @Hardees) for the latest product news and promotional offers. Download the Super Star® Rewards app from the iTunes Store and Google Play and check in to redeem Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s products on the spot, save points for a high-value reward, check out the full menu, and use the store locator to find any Carl’s Jr. or Hardee’s in the U.S.
For more information on Auntie Anne’s, please visit www.AuntieAnnes.com. For the latest, real-time updates, download the “My Pretzel Perks” app on iTunes or Google Play and follow the brand on Twitter at @AuntieAnnes, on Instagram at@AuntieAnnesPretzels, or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/auntieannespretzels.
About CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc.
CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc. (“CKE”) is a privately held company headquartered in Carpinteria, Calif. Through its subsidiaries, CKE owns and licenses Carl’s Jr.® and Hardee’s® quick-service restaurants. CKE operates Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s as one brand under two names acknowledging the regional heritage of both banners. After opening its first restaurants in New York and New Jersey this spring and recent international openings in Canada, Colombia and Guatemala, CKE now has a total of 3,673 franchised or company-operated restaurants in 44 states and 38 foreign countries and U.S. territories. Known for its one-of-a-kind premium menu items such as 100 percent Black Angus Thickburgers®, Made from Scratch™ Biscuits, Hand-Breaded Chicken Tenders™ and Fresh Baked Buns, as well as an award-winning marketing approach, the Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s brand continues to deliver substantial and consistent growth in the U.S. and overseas. The Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s system is now 92 percent franchised, with international restaurants representing 19 percent of the system. For more information about CKE, please visit www.ckr.com or its brand sites at www.carlsjr.com and www.hardees.com.
About Auntie Anne’s®
At its more than 1,600 locations around the world, Auntie Anne’s mixes, twists and bakes pretzels from scratch all day long in full view of guests. Auntie Anne’s can be found in malls, outlet centers, and Walmarts, as well as in non-traditional spaces including universities, airports, travel plazas, amusement parks, and military bases. In addition, it has extended the brand onto retailers’ shelves and also serves as a distributor for fundraising products. Available at select retailers nationwide, pretzel fans can enjoy Auntie Anne’s prepare-at-home products, from frozen Classic and Cinnamon Sugar Soft Pretzels and Pretzel Nuggets, to frozen Pretzel Dogs and Pretzel Pocket Sandwiches, to a versatile Pretzel Baking Kit. For more information, visit www.auntieannes.com, or follow on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
SOURCE CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc.
On behalf of CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc.
Coast Public Relations
On behalf of Auntie Anne’s
Finn Partners, Inc.
385 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (2 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (3 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (3 views)
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Heads North to Bring a Taste of the South to the Empire State (3 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (3 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (3 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (2 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (2 views)
- The Carving Board Sandwiches Serves Up National Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (2 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (2 views)