- City: Oklahoma City
- State: Oklahoma
- Franchise URL: http://www.sonicdrivein.com
- Listed: February 1, 2016 11:41 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
OKLAHOMA CITY – February 1, 2016 – (FranchisePOD.com) – Sonic Corp. (NASDAQ:SONC), the nation’s largest chain of drive-in restaurants, today announced it will serve 100% cage-free egg products in its restaurants by 2025. Each year, SONIC purchases 155 million eggs to serve 81 million Breakfast Burritos and Breakfast Toaster® sandwiches.
“Today’s customer wants to know their food is sourced responsibly,” said Cliff Hudson, Sonic Corp. CEO. “Our announcement today reinforces SONIC’s continued commitment to the care and welfare of the animals in our supply chain and transparent communication with our customers about our practices.”
“SONIC was one of the first restaurant chains to address animal welfare, and its cage-free announcement now demonstrates how seriously it takes the issue,” said Matthew Prescott, senior food policy director for The Humane Society of the United States. “We welcome SONIC’s shift to cage-free eggs as an important advancement.”
The Company has also committed to eliminating gestation crates for sow housing from its supply chain by 2022 and continues to make progress against that goal.
SONIC, America’s Drive-In, is the nation’s largest drive-in restaurant chain serving more than 3 million customers every day. Nearly 90 percent of SONIC’s 3,500 drive-in locations are owned and operated by local business men and women. For more than 60 years, SONIC has delighted guests with signature menu items, more than 1.3 million drink combinations and friendly service by iconic Carhops. To learn more about Sonic Corp. (NASDAQ/NM: SONC), please visit sonicdrivein.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
APR, For Sonic Corp.
Vice President of Public Relations
158 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (50 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (41 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (83 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (80 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings-Owned R Taco Adds Five Locations (73 views)
- Cherry Blow Dry Bar to Expand in New Jersey and Pennsylvania (70 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (70 views)
- AtWork Group Ranked as One of the Largest Staffing Firms in the US (60 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (52 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (52 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (52 views)
- Mosquito Squad Recognized As One Of America’s Fastest Growing Companies By Inc. Magazine For Seventh Consecutive Year (49 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (41 views)
- Always Best Care Announces New Owner Of Burlington Territory (41 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (40 views)