- City: Oklahoma City
- State: Oklahoma
- Franchise URL: http://www.sonicdrivein.com
- Listed: February 1, 2016 11:41 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
OKLAHOMA CITY – February 1, 2016 – (FranchisePOD.com) – Sonic Corp. (NASDAQ:SONC), the nation’s largest chain of drive-in restaurants, today announced it will serve 100% cage-free egg products in its restaurants by 2025. Each year, SONIC purchases 155 million eggs to serve 81 million Breakfast Burritos and Breakfast Toaster® sandwiches.
“Today’s customer wants to know their food is sourced responsibly,” said Cliff Hudson, Sonic Corp. CEO. “Our announcement today reinforces SONIC’s continued commitment to the care and welfare of the animals in our supply chain and transparent communication with our customers about our practices.”
“SONIC was one of the first restaurant chains to address animal welfare, and its cage-free announcement now demonstrates how seriously it takes the issue,” said Matthew Prescott, senior food policy director for The Humane Society of the United States. “We welcome SONIC’s shift to cage-free eggs as an important advancement.”
The Company has also committed to eliminating gestation crates for sow housing from its supply chain by 2022 and continues to make progress against that goal.
SONIC, America’s Drive-In, is the nation’s largest drive-in restaurant chain serving more than 3 million customers every day. Nearly 90 percent of SONIC’s 3,500 drive-in locations are owned and operated by local business men and women. For more than 60 years, SONIC has delighted guests with signature menu items, more than 1.3 million drink combinations and friendly service by iconic Carhops. To learn more about Sonic Corp. (NASDAQ/NM: SONC), please visit sonicdrivein.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
APR, For Sonic Corp.
Vice President of Public Relations
178 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® of Rosenberg/Richmond, Texas Now Open (2 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (2 views)
- Home Care Assistance of Pembroke Pines Receives 2017 Best of Home Care® Provider and Employer of Choice Awards (2 views)
- After Floods Swept Through Louisiana, Sport Clips Team Members Band Together to Rebuild a Devastated Community (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® RECOGNIZED FOR OUTSTANDING WEBSITE IN THE 2016 WEBAWARDS COMPETITION (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – Rise 2017 Planned Breakout Sessions (1 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® RECEIVES TWO HORIZON INTERACTIVE AWARDS FOR WEBSITE DESIGN & FUNCTIONALITY (1 views)
- Ace Signs of Texas Becomes FASTSIGNS of Killeen (1 views)
- FACES OF THE FASTSIGNS FAMILY – VETERAN’S DAY SPECIAL: LEVI NOGUESS OF FASTSIGNS OF KILLEEN (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (1 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (1 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (1 views)