- Sub Headline: First location planned for island of Oahu in 2018, six more to follow
- City: Oklahoma City
- State: Oklahoma
- Franchise URL: http://www.sonicdrivein.com
- Listed: March 15, 2016 9:40 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
March 15, 2016 (FranchisePOD.com) OKLAHOMA CITY–SONIC® Drive-In (NASDAQ: SONC) today announced a new franchise development agreement for Hawaii, marking the brand’s entrance in its 46th state and first offshore expansion. New SONIC franchisee group, North Shore Provisions, LLC, plans to develop a total of seven SONIC Drive-Ins in the state of Hawaii, with the first set to open on the island of Oahu in 2018.
“For more than 60 years in the restaurant industry, SONIC has developed a solid franchise-focused business model that truly empowers entrepreneurs with an established and unique concept coupled with robust brand support to guide them every step of the way,” said John Budd, chief development and strategy officer for SONIC. “The addition of North Shore Provisions as our first Hawaii franchisee allows us to introduce our dining experience to a new audience in Hawaii as we pursue our state-by-state expansion.”
North Shore Provisions is led by former NFL Baltimore Ravens defensive lineman and Hawaii native Ma’ake Kemoeatu. Kemoeatu retired from the NFL in 2014 and returned to his family home in Kahuku, Hawaii, after donating a kidney to his brother.
“We are honored to have our group selected to franchise SONIC Drive-In in Hawaii,” said new franchisee Ma’ake Kemoeatu. “I was introduced to SONIC during my playing days and loved it. We’re excited to bring that taste of the mainland back home to share.”
SONIC continues to flex its strength as a franchisor with five consecutive years of positive same-store sales growth and double-digit earnings growth, making it an attractive business venture for entrepreneurs interested in the restaurant and QSR space. SONIC’s highly differentiated menu, pent-up demand in new markets and an energetic development pipeline, make this national brand a strong contender for franchisee attention.
Always a drive-in at heart, SONIC partners with franchisees to find a building solution to match their needs and the needs of guests. SONIC enjoys multiple long-term and legacy franchisee relationships and provides an unparalleled level of support at every stage of development. SONIC offers franchisees flexibility with multiple drive-in formats, including: the traditional drive-in model with dining stalls and a drive-thru; conversions of existing restaurant buildings to create unique drive-ins; the counter service model, offering customizable footprints to fit a variety of spaces; and indoor dining formats that allow guests to experience SONIC in multiple ways – either in their cars, at the drive-thru or seated at a table inside.
Individuals interested in pursuing a SONIC franchise are encouraged to visit sonicfranchises.com for more information on qualifications and brand support. To schedule an in-person Franchise Discovery meeting, email email@example.com or call 1.800.569.6656.
About SONIC, America’s Drive-In
SONIC, America’s Drive-In is the nation’s largest drive-in restaurant chain serving more than 3 million customers every day. Nearly 90 percent of SONIC’s 3,500 drive-in locations are owned and operated by local business men and women. Over more than 60 years, SONIC has delighted guests with signature menu items, more than 1.3 million drink combinations and friendly service by iconic Carhops. Since the 2009 launch of SONIC’s Limeades for Learning philanthropic campaign in partnership with DonorsChoose.org, SONIC has donated more than $5 million to public school teachers nationwide to fund essential learning materials and innovative teaching resources to inspire creativity and learning in today’s youth. To learn more about Sonic Corp. (NASDAQ/NM: SONC), please visit sonicdrivein.com and please visit or follow us on Facebook and Twitter. To learn more about SONIC’s Limeades for Learning initiative, please visit Limeadesforlearning.com.
Christi Woodworth, 405-225-5600
Vice President, Public Relations
214 total views, 3 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® reporta crecimiento sin precedente al firmar acuerdo con 63 nuevas franquicias en 2016 (2 views)
- Urban Float Expands Into Houston (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees at Idealliance Experience Annual Conference May 3-5 (1 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (1 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (1 views)
- FOCUS Brands Celebrates the Opening of 600 International Stores for both Auntie Anne’s ® and Cinnabon ® Brands (1 views)
- SIGNAL 88 OFFICER OF THE MONTH FEBRUARY, BRENDON BENSON (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS – NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION IDEA FOR 2017: IMPROVE THE WAY YOU ENGAGE WITH EMPLOYEES (1 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (1 views)
- A Flavorful Fall Is Coming to Dunkin’ Donuts this Month (1 views)
- Home Care Assistance of Pembroke Pines Receives 2017 Best of Home Care® Provider and Employer of Choice Awards (1 views)
- Amazing Lash Studio Announces Milestone Opening (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (1 views)