- Sub Headline: First location planned for island of Oahu in 2018, six more to follow
- City: Oklahoma City
- State: Oklahoma
- Franchise URL: http://www.sonicdrivein.com
- Listed: March 15, 2016 9:40 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
March 15, 2016 (FranchisePOD.com) OKLAHOMA CITY–SONIC® Drive-In (NASDAQ: SONC) today announced a new franchise development agreement for Hawaii, marking the brand’s entrance in its 46th state and first offshore expansion. New SONIC franchisee group, North Shore Provisions, LLC, plans to develop a total of seven SONIC Drive-Ins in the state of Hawaii, with the first set to open on the island of Oahu in 2018.
“For more than 60 years in the restaurant industry, SONIC has developed a solid franchise-focused business model that truly empowers entrepreneurs with an established and unique concept coupled with robust brand support to guide them every step of the way,” said John Budd, chief development and strategy officer for SONIC. “The addition of North Shore Provisions as our first Hawaii franchisee allows us to introduce our dining experience to a new audience in Hawaii as we pursue our state-by-state expansion.”
North Shore Provisions is led by former NFL Baltimore Ravens defensive lineman and Hawaii native Ma’ake Kemoeatu. Kemoeatu retired from the NFL in 2014 and returned to his family home in Kahuku, Hawaii, after donating a kidney to his brother.
“We are honored to have our group selected to franchise SONIC Drive-In in Hawaii,” said new franchisee Ma’ake Kemoeatu. “I was introduced to SONIC during my playing days and loved it. We’re excited to bring that taste of the mainland back home to share.”
SONIC continues to flex its strength as a franchisor with five consecutive years of positive same-store sales growth and double-digit earnings growth, making it an attractive business venture for entrepreneurs interested in the restaurant and QSR space. SONIC’s highly differentiated menu, pent-up demand in new markets and an energetic development pipeline, make this national brand a strong contender for franchisee attention.
Always a drive-in at heart, SONIC partners with franchisees to find a building solution to match their needs and the needs of guests. SONIC enjoys multiple long-term and legacy franchisee relationships and provides an unparalleled level of support at every stage of development. SONIC offers franchisees flexibility with multiple drive-in formats, including: the traditional drive-in model with dining stalls and a drive-thru; conversions of existing restaurant buildings to create unique drive-ins; the counter service model, offering customizable footprints to fit a variety of spaces; and indoor dining formats that allow guests to experience SONIC in multiple ways – either in their cars, at the drive-thru or seated at a table inside.
Individuals interested in pursuing a SONIC franchise are encouraged to visit sonicfranchises.com for more information on qualifications and brand support. To schedule an in-person Franchise Discovery meeting, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.800.569.6656.
About SONIC, America’s Drive-In
SONIC, America’s Drive-In is the nation’s largest drive-in restaurant chain serving more than 3 million customers every day. Nearly 90 percent of SONIC’s 3,500 drive-in locations are owned and operated by local business men and women. Over more than 60 years, SONIC has delighted guests with signature menu items, more than 1.3 million drink combinations and friendly service by iconic Carhops. Since the 2009 launch of SONIC’s Limeades for Learning philanthropic campaign in partnership with DonorsChoose.org, SONIC has donated more than $5 million to public school teachers nationwide to fund essential learning materials and innovative teaching resources to inspire creativity and learning in today’s youth. To learn more about Sonic Corp. (NASDAQ/NM: SONC), please visit sonicdrivein.com and please visit or follow us on Facebook and Twitter. To learn more about SONIC’s Limeades for Learning initiative, please visit Limeadesforlearning.com.
Christi Woodworth, 405-225-5600
Vice President, Public Relations
173 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- How This U.S. Veteran Thrived as a Signal 88 Franchisee (1 views)
- Grooming Lounge Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Big Whiskey’s Signs First Franchisee in Bentonville, AR (2 views)
- Superior Mosquito Defense Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Huey Magoo’s Chicken Tenders Announces New Board Members Formerly Of Wingstop Restaurants (2 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)
- Driven Brands’ Jose R. Costa Becomes NACD Board Leadership Fellow (2 views)
- Enviro-Master Franchisee Scott Sheldon in the news again discussing the Hygiene Industry (2 views)
- Camp Run-A-Mutt Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Godfather’s Pizza Announces 2016, Early 2017 Expansions (1 views)
- bd’s Mongolian Grill Rolls Out Six New Recipes in Collaboration with ‘America’s Best Cook’ (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS Company Facts (1 views)
- SIGNAL 88 HERO OF THE MONTH: JANUARY, 2017 (1 views)