- FranchisePOD Showcase: http://franchisepod.com/ads/sport-clips-franchise-opportunities/
- Listed: December 12, 2016 1:33 pm
- Expires: 24 days, 6 hours
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (FranchisePOD.com) Dec. 12, 2016 – Sport Clips Haircuts made a record-breaking $1 million donation to the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Foundation today to support its Help A Hero scholarships for U.S. service members and veterans. The funds were raised through Sport Clips’ clients and product partner donations, as well as its own Veterans Day contributions of $1 per haircut service.
Sport Clips’ original Help A Hero focus was on providing phone calls home for deployed and hospitalized military when the program began in 2007. The goal now is to support those who serve in the military by providing scholarships up to $5,000 each toward the next steps in their civilian careers. To date, more than 700 VFW-administered Sport Clips Help A Hero Scholarships have assisted active duty service members and veterans who wish to pursue college and graduate degrees or vocational certifications.
“This million dollar donation is a heartfelt one for the entire Sport Clips team, as well as our loyal clients and partners. We are so grateful for the sacrifices made by our military and their families, and to be able to help them in their education and career goals through Help A Hero scholarships is one of the best ways we know how to say ‘thank you for your service,’” said Sport Clips Founder and CEO Gordon Logan, a U.S. Air Force veteran and Life member of the VFW. “Our goal the first year was to raise $30,000, and to date we’ve raised a total of
$5 million, making significant positive impacts in the lives of those who bravely serve our country.”
As a part of this year’s fundraising efforts, Sport Clips partners Nioxin, American Crew, John Paul Mitchell Systems, and Sexy Hair made a combined donation of $140,000 to Help A Hero.
“The generosity of Sport Clips’ franchise owners, stylists, patrons and clients is extraordinary,” said VFW National Commander Brian Duffy. “The tremendous success of this year’s campaign will help ensure a bright future for so many of our service members, veterans and their families. We are deeply grateful for Sport Clips’ continued support and all they’ve done on behalf of those who deserve it most.”
Sport Clips is the Official Haircutter of the VFW, and its Help A Hero campaign is just one of the many ways it supports active duty military and veterans. To find out more, visit your local Sport Clips or SportClips.com.
About Sport Clips Haircuts
Sport Clips Haircuts is headquartered in Georgetown, Texas. It was established in 1993 and began franchising in 1995. The sports-themed haircutting franchise, which specializes in haircuts for men and boys, is ranked by EntrepreneurMagazine as one of the “Fastest-Growing Franchises” and in the top 20 in its “Franchise 500.” There are 1,600 Sport Clips stores open in the U.S. and Canada. Sport Clips is the “Official Haircutter” of the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), offers veterans preferential pricing on haircuts and franchises, and was named a “2016 Best for Vets: Franchises” by Military Times. Sport Clips provides “haircuts with heart” through its annual Help A Hero fundraiser that has given $5 million to the VFW; national partnership with St. Baldrick’s Foundation, the largest private funder of childhood cancer research grants; and other national and local philanthropic outreach. Sport Clips is a proud sponsor of Joe Gibbs Racing’s NASCAR drivers Denny Hamlin and Carl Edwards, and partners with numerous NCAA and professional sports teams. To learn more about Sport Clips, visit sportclips.com.
About The Veterans of Foreign Wars
The Veterans of Foreign Wars of the U.S. is the nation’s largest and oldest major war veterans organization. Founded in 1899 and chartered by Congress in 1936, the VFW is comprised entirely of eligible veterans and military service members from the active, Guard and Reserve forces. With nearly 1.7 million VFW and Auxiliary members located in more than 6,600 Posts worldwide, the nonprofit veterans service organization is proud to proclaim “NO ONE DOES MORE FOR VETERANS” than the VFW, which is dedicated to veterans’ service, legislative advocacy, and military and community service programs. For more information or to join, visit our website at www.vfw.org.
News conference image:
224 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (1 views)
- MILITARY FAMILY RETURNS TO WASHINGTON AND OPENS LOCAL FASTSIGNS BUSINESS (1 views)
- Office Evolution Makes Prestigious Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing U.S. Private Companies (1 views)
- Any Lab Test Now Honored For First Time On Prestigious Inc. 5000 List (1 views)
- FIRST FASTSIGNS® FRANCHISE OPENS IN LAWRENCE (1 views)
- Scooter’s Coffee to Double Presence in Cedar Rapids (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® CEO Catherine Monson Joins Idealliance Board of Directors (1 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings-Owned R Taco Adds Five Locations (1 views)
- Local franchisees recognized for charitable giving (1 views)
- Sport Clips Haircuts Donates Record $1 Million to VFW Help A Hero Scholarship Program (1 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (1 views)
- Bismarck Tribune: Signal 88 Security Eyes North Dakota for Development (1 views)
- The Patrol Difference from Signal 88 Security (1 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (1 views)