- Sub Headline: Sport Clips offers the flexible lifestyle and financial freedom you've been looking for. Explore the Sport Clips Difference.
- FranchisePOD Showcase: http://franchisepod.com/ads/sport-clips-franchise-opportunities/
- Listed: October 10, 2016 7:31 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
It all started with a business idea. In the early 1990s, Gordon Logan recognized the huge potential, and relative lack of competition, in the men and boys’ haircut market. He wanted to create a place where guys could take care of one of life’s necessities—a haircut—and say, “This is my kind of place, I feel comfortable here,” when they walked in the door.
Assembling a group of passionate industry professionals, Gordon and his team worked together to develop the unique Sport Clips Haircuts concept we know today. While Sport Clips’ logo and store design have been enhanced since the first location opened in Austin, Texas in 1993, Gordon’s goal, and Sport Clips’ mission, to provide a “championship haircut experience for men and boys in an exciting sports environment” remains the same.
Meet Gordon Logan, the Founder of Sport Clips
Prior to founding Sport Clips, Gordon served as an Aircraft Commander in the United States Air Force, after which he worked as a financial planning and control consultant with Price Waterhouse & Co. in Houston, Texas. He is a graduate of MIT and The Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania. He is also a retired CPA in the state of Texas. Gordon later owned and operated salons throughout Texas, an experience that proved to be invaluable in his journey toward creating one of the most successful hair care franchises in the nation.
Game Plan For Growth
Soon after the first Sport Clips opened in Austin, Texas in 1993, Sport Clips expanded franchising into Houston and Dallas. The company based further expansion plans on cities Southwest Airlines served in order to keep travel expenses to a minimum. It took five years to open the first 50 stores, and by 2007, Sport Clips celebrated the opening of its 400th and 500th franchised stores in the same year! In 2012, the franchise expanded into Canada.
Sport Clips is now open in all 50 U.S. states and currently has more than 1,500 franchise locations open in the U.S. and Canada. If you ask Gordon whether or not he knew Sport Clips would become one of the fastest-growing franchise systems today, he’d answer you, “Yes, I just didn’t think it would take this long!”
Teamwork with Heart
At the heart of Sport Clips’ culture is our values system, which was inspired by the same core values Coach Lou Holtz used to build championship football teams: “Do Your Best. Do What’s Right. Treat Others the Way They Want to Be Treated.” Gordon and his family put these values into action in 2013 when they pledged to donate $1 million to Georgetown, Texas-area nonprofits, where Sport Clips, Inc. is based.
They have been recognized for their philanthropic work with numerous programs including:
- USO at Ft Hood, Texas
- R.O.C.K. (equine therapy for kids and veterans)
- The Boys and Girls Club
As a veteran, Gordon has also made it his mission to support the military. He has received the VFW’s famed “Citizenship Award”, and since 2007, Sport Clips stores across the nation have worked together to raise over $3 million for the VFW Foundation through our annual “Help A Hero” fundraiser. This event has helped thousands of deployed and hospitalized U.S. service members call home at no charge through the VFW’s Operation Uplink™ and also provides scholarships for hundreds of veterans transitioning into civilian careers.
Sport Clips is also a proud supporter of many other organizations at the national and at local level, including but not limited to:
- American Red Cross Blood Services
- Ageless Aviation Dreams Foundation
- The Aleethia Foundation
- Honor Flight Austin
- St. Baldrick’s Foundation
Sport Clips Mission Statement & Values
At Sport Clips, our mission and values have remained constant throughout our growth.
Sport Clips Mission Statement:
- To Create a Championship Haircut Experience for Men and Boys in an Exciting Sports Environment.
Our operation and everything we do is rooted in strong but simple values:
- Do what’s right
- Do your best
- Treat others the way they want to be treated
897 total views, 3 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (6 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (5 views)
- An Interview with Signal 88 Co-Founder Reed Nyffeler (4 views)
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (4 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (4 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (6 views)
- SUPPLY POINTe Launches Nationwide Franchise Program (5 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (5 views)
- Coverall® Appoints New Chief Financial Officer (5 views)
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Heads North to Bring a Taste of the South to the Empire State (5 views)
- Juice It Up! Signs Three-Store Deal To Enter Florida (4 views)
- Tacos 4 Life Restaurant Brings on New Executives to Expand Business and Mission (4 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (4 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (4 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (4 views)