A Sweet & Savory Growth Plan: Doc Popcorn & Dippin’ Dots Seek to Open Co-Branded Franchises in St. Louis Malls
March 22, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // St. Louis – Building off their popularity in malls across the country, executives with Doc Popcorn and Dippin’ Dots are actively seeking franchise partners to open a co-branded location in the St. Louis area, with potential locations available at a number of local malls.
Doc Popcorn, a fresh-popped popcorn franchise, and its sister brand Dippin’ Dots, producer of flash-frozen ice cream and other frozen treats, are working together to open co-branded locations around the country. The first dual-branded franchise opened to embracing fans at the Battlefield Mall in Springfield, Mo., followed by the first co-branded kiosk at the South Premium Outlets mall in Las Vegas with additional co-branded units to open in Yorktown Center in Illinois, Coronado Mall in New Mexico and Fox River Mall in Wisconsin.
Company executives say several local malls serve as attractive options to host co-branded in-line stores or kiosks. The two brands, both of which have had a presence in the St. Louis community, are seeking to add co-brand units in the area, with several local malls serving as attractive options to host the locations. Co-brand units are available at the South County, West County and Galleria malls in the St. Louis area, while the Saint Claire Square mall, which already holds a Dippin’ Dots location, is a smart decision for a Doc Popcorn location.
“Based on the demographics of the types of shoppers who flock to the St. Louis area and other market research, we know we would be a huge success with our unique mix of sweet and savory offerings,” said Doc Popcorn co-founder Rob Israel. “We’re committed to finding a business savvy franchise partner in the area who shares the vision.”
The dual-brand concept, which can operate as in-line or kiosk locations, will give local mall-goers the opportunity to satisfy any sweet or savory snack craving, with the offerings of Doc Popcorn’s fresh-popped, kettle cooked popcorn and Dippin’ Dots’ iconic flash-frozen ice cream, sundaes, floats, shakes and quakes. Operationally, the brands share the same store, counter, register and employees.
Additional development expansion efforts will focus on malls in Alabama – Birmingham and Mobile; Arizona – Tucson; Maine – Bangor and Portland; Michigan – Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids; Washington State – Bellingham, Spokane and Tacoma; and Wisconsin – Madison.
“Response to the initial Doc Popcorn/Dippin’ Dots locations has been fantastic. Consumers have embraced the combination of offerings. It’s obvious that the two snacks complement each other and perform well in the same space,” Israel noted. “We’re looking forward to similar positive results in St. Louis once we find the right franchise partner.”
About Doc Popcorn
Using 100 percent corn oil, proprietary flavor blends and other high-quality ingredients, Doc Popcorn handcrafts a wide variety of fresh-popped specialty flavors of popcorn. Doc Popcorn’s delicious flavors are gluten-free, whole grain, wheat-free and nut-free. Doc Popcorn started franchising in 2009 and has since been recognized as one of the hottest snack franchises in the country. In 2015, Entrepreneur Magazine ranked Doc Popcorn among the “Top Food Franchises,” “Top Mobile Franchises,” “Top Franchises Under $50,000,” and placed the company at No. 239 in its “Franchise 500,” a highly-regarded list in the franchise industry. For more information, please visit www.docpopcorn.com.
About Dippin’ Dots
Dippin’ Dots has produced and distributed its flash frozen tiny beads of ice cream, yogurt, sherbet and flavored ice products since microbiologist Curt Jones invented the cryogenic process in 1988. Made at the company’s production facility in Paducah, Ky., Dippin’ Dots distributes its unique frozen products in all 50 states and 11 countries and employs nearly 200 people. For more information about the company, including franchising, please visit www.dippindots.com.
SOURCE Doc Popcorn
Fishman Public Relations
349 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (1 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (2 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)
- Jazen Tea Celebrates 5 Years With Free Drinks for a Year (2 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (1 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler On the Value of the Franchise Group (1 views)
- The Carving Board Sandwiches Serves Up National Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® OF YORK PROVIDES AWARD-WINNING SIGNS AND GRAPHICS FOR PENN STATE YORK STUDENT CENTER (1 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® International, Inc. CEO Catherine Monson to Speak at U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Series (1 views)