- Sub Headline: Organizations team up to donate $60,000 to K9s For Warriors
- City: Palm Beach Gardens
- State: Florida
- Listed: December 9, 2015 10:15 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
December 09, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // Palm Beach Gardens, FL – TBC Corporation (TBC), one of North America’s largest marketers of automotive replacement tires, and Valvoline™ teamed up in recognition of Veterans Awareness Month in November by donating $60,000 to K9s For Warriors. K9s For Warriors is a 501(c) 3 organization dedicated to providing service canines to veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disability, traumatic brain injury and/or other military trauma incurred from military service post 9/11.
“At TBC Corporation, we have a strong desire to positively impact the communities we serve,” said Erik R. Olsen, TBC Corporation’s President, CEO & Chairman of the Board. “It is our honor to give back to the veterans who give so much to our country in partnership with Valvoline.”
A $60,000 donation covers the cost of a three-week training program for three veterans and three canines; this includes room and board at Camp K9, a state-of-the art training center and warrior housing facility, training outings and all equipment necessary for training purposes. The program includes 120 hours of training with certified trainers, housing, meals, and veterinarian care, equipment and peer-to-peer support at no cost to the veteran.
“Valvoline is proud to partner with TBC Corporation and K9s For Warriors to make a difference in the lives of our veterans,” said Samuel J. Mitchell, President, Valvoline. “We’re excited about the opportunities that veterans and their service canines will have as a result of their training.”
Since inception in 2011, nearly 200 veterans and service canine teams have graduated the K9s For Warriors training program with 100% success rate in suicide prevention.
“A staggering number of veterans returning from combat suffer from PTSD – the invisible wounds of war,” said Shari Duval, President and Founder, K9s For Warriors. “To date, we’ve been able to help nearly 200 military heroes by pairing them with a service dog that has been trained for their specific needs. We are so grateful for this funding from TBC and Valvoline; it will help our organization continue to empower these veterans to return to civilian life with dignity and independence.”
About TBC Corporation
For nearly 60 years, TBC Corporation (TBC), one of North America’s largest marketers of automotive replacement tires through a multi-channel strategy, has been a tire company ahead of the curve. Through worldwide operations spanning wholesale, retail, and franchise, TBC provides customers best in class brands and automotive maintenance and repair services with the underlying mission to exceed customer expectations. TBC serves wholesale customers in the United States, Canada and Mexico through TBC Brands, Carroll Tire Company, TBC International, and TBC de Mexico. Additionally, TBC responds to the needs of consumers in search of total car care at more than 3,200 franchised and company-operated tire and automotive service centers under the brands Tire Kingdom Service Centers®, Merchant’s Tire & Auto Centers®, NTB Tire and Service Centers®, Big O Tires®, Midas®, and SpeeDee Oil Change and Auto Service®.
Valvoline™ is a leading worldwide producer and distributor of premium-branded automotive, commercial and industrial lubricants, and automotive chemicals. It ranks as the #2 quick-lube chain and #3 passenger car motor oil brand in the United States. The brand operates and franchises 942 Valvoline Instant Oil Change? centers in the United States. It also markets Valvoline™ lubricants and automotive chemicals; MaxLife™ lubricants created for higher-mileage engines, SynPower™ synthetic motor oil; and Zerex™ antifreeze. Key customers include: retail auto parts stores and mass merchandisers who sell to consumers; installers, such as car dealers, repair shops and quick lubes; commercial fleets; and distributors.
About K9s For Warriors
Founded in 2011 as a 501(c) 3 organization by Shari Duval, K9s For Warriors is dedicated to providing service canines to warriors suffering from Post-traumatic Stress Disability, traumatic brain injury and/or other military trauma as a result of military service post 9/11. Their goal is to give a new leash on life to rescue dogs and military heroes, empowering warriors to return to civilian life with dignity and independence.
561-383-3000, ext 2527
211 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Showhomes® Celebrates Record-Breaking Sales Year, Best Sales Month Ever at Annual Conference (2 views)
- Wienerschnitzel Featured on 100th Episode of “Undercover Boss” (2 views)
- Dippin’ Dots Opens Newest Store in Seagrove Beach, Florida (2 views)
- Hooters Bolsters Presence in Asia with First Location in Hong Kong (2 views)
- Shoney’s Offers Free All-American Burger to All Veterans and Troops on Memorial Day (2 views)
- Experienced Business Coach Joins Fresh Coat as New VP of Operations (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. SIGNS 12 FRANCHISE AGREEMENTS AND OPENS FIRST CO-BRAND CENTRE II THE UNITED KINGDOM (2 views)
- Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Slow Smokes through the Gateway Cities with Grand Opening in Downey (2 views)
- Disaster Experts From ServiceMaster Restore Onsite in West Virginia, Share Tips to Help Mitigate Water Damage #FloodingRestoration (2 views)
- AlphaGraphics Again Dominates Quick Printing Top 100 (2 views)
- International Vapor Group, Inc., wholly-owned subsidiary Eversmoke, Announced Today the Transition of the Eversmoke Brand to Tech-Savvy Brand, VaporFi (2 views)
- Rhythm Time Franchisee Wins National Womens Award (2 views)
- Dunkin’ Donuts’ On-the-Go Mobile Ordering Now Available Nationwide (2 views)
- Smallcakes Is Set for the Big Apple! (2 views)
- UFC Gym Expands Long Island Footprint With Farmingdale Grand Opening (2 views)