- Sub Headline: Emergent Pest Control Company Provides Further Momentum in Residential Services Market
- City: Memphis
- State: Tennessee
- Listed: November 20, 2015 10:38 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
MEMPHIS, TN – (FranchisePOD.com) – November 11, 2015 – Terminix®, the leading provider of termite and pest control services in the United States, today announced the acquisition of certain assets of Alterra Pest Control. Founded in 2012, Alterra is one of the 15 largest pest control companies in the U.S. specializing in residential services. Led by entrepreneur David Royce, the company has been consistently recognized for its success in the pest control industry.
“By adding Alterra’s customers and employees to Terminix, we build on our already strong presence in the residential pest market,” said Bill Derwin, president of Terminix, a subsidiary of ServiceMaster (NYSE: SERV). “This acquisition is a perfect complement to our existing business and enables us to leverage our technical expertise, marketing strength and systems to bring value to these new customers.”
“It was an easy decision to sell to Terminix,” said David Royce. “We built this company with core values based on exceptional customer service, environmental responsibility and above all, a positive team mentality. We were only interested in finding a company that met these high standards and made commitments to develop our employees and meet the expectations of our customers.”
Terminix will continue to service these customers under the name “Alterra” and comes with more than 400 full-time employees in 22 branches across 15 states.
This acquisition continues the Terminix growth strategy of organic growth, new services and acquisitions. In the past twelve months Terminix has also acquired other well-known pest, termite and wildlife control companies in North America, including Ace Pest Control, Atlanta Pest Control, Bug Busters, Cabot Pest Control, Capelouto Termite and Pest Control, and Excel Pest Control.
Terminix is the leading provider of termite and pest control services in the United States. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., Terminix services approximately 2.8 million residential and commercial customers in 47 states and 22 countries. Terminix provides pest control services and protection against termites, rodents and other pests threatening human health and/or safety. To learn more about Terminix, visit www.terminix.com.
ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc. is a leading provider of essential residential and commercial services, operating through an extensive service network of more than 8,000 company-owned, franchised and licensed locations. The company’s portfolio of well-recognized brands includes American Home Shield (home warranties), AmeriSpec (home inspections), Furniture Medic (furniture repair), Merry Maids (residential cleaning), ServiceMaster Clean (janitorial), ServiceMaster Restore (disaster restoration) and Terminix (termite and pest control). The company is headquartered in Memphis, Tenn. Go to www.servicemaster.com for more information about ServiceMaster or follow the company at twitter.com/ServiceMaster or facebook.com/ServiceMaster.
126 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (2 views)
- Watch how FASTSIGNS helped this printer with our Co-Brand program grow their business by more than 40% (2 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (5 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (4 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (4 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® CENTER OPENS IN FARMINGTON, NEW MEXICO (3 views)
- Oscar Navarro Self-Made Man and Sport Clips Team Leader (3 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings-Owned R Taco Adds Five Locations (3 views)
- Backed by More Than Two Decades of Success, Sport Clips Has Positioned Itself as a Premier Investment Opportunity for Lenders (2 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (2 views)
- SUPPLY POINTe Launches Nationwide Franchise Program (2 views)
- Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help (2 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (2 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (2 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (2 views)