MEMPHIS, TN (FranchisePOD.com) June 06, 2016 – This year, it’s the mosquitoes who will have a handicap.
With mounting public concerns this summer, mosquitoes have grown from a mild nuisance to a potential hazard on the golf course. To protect professionals and fans from bites at this year’s FedEx St. Jude Classic golf tournament (June 6-12), Terminix®, the leading provider of termite and pest control services, has treated TPC Southwind with its exclusive mosquito service. Technicians focused their efforts on high-traffic areas of the course (such as holes 16, 17 and 18), the clubhouse, practice facilities and the volunteer tent.
“Last year, we treated the course to make it more comfortable for golfers and fans during the tournament, but with heightened mosquito concerns this year, we doubled down,” said Brian Baldwin, commercial service manager for Terminix in Memphis. “The FedEx St. Jude Classic is such a wonderful experience for golfers, fans and St. Jude families, and we don’t want anything to get in the way of their fun — we’re telling mosquitoes to ‘hush, y’all.'”
Terminix professionals sprayed the TPC Southwind course with their Attractive Targeted Sugar Bait, or ATSB®, solution — patented technology distributed exclusively to Terminix by Westham Co. This environmentally friendly solution contains sugar from fruit extracts and encapsulated garlic oil that are safe for use around people, pets and food. The sugar in the solution acts as a bait and the encapsulated garlic oil acts as a gut toxin. Mosquitoes are attracted to the bait, eat it, and then die — reducing populations by more than 90 percent in the three weeks following an application(*).
In addition to this service sponsorship, Terminix experts will be on-site throughout the tournament to assist attendees and offer golf-specific advice. Warm climates, standing water and slow-moving human targets make golf courses that haven’t been treated ideal environments for mosquitoes, but the following tips from Terminix can help prevent problematic bites:
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and pants whenever possible. Some species of mosquitoes are aggressive daytime biters and often bite around the ankles, so long pants and socks are especially important.
- Use EPA-approved mosquito repellents that contain DEET, picaridin or oil of lemon-eucalyptus. If you’re using both sunscreen and insect repellent, apply the sunscreen first, and don’t forget to reapply the repellent as directed on the label.
- Treat clothing with permethrin or purchase permethrin-treated clothing.
Although most professional golfers are used to encountering mosquitoes during their daily rounds, these particular hazards can be harder to avoid than bunkers and water features.
Terminix mosquito service can be performed in backyards as well as commercial spaces, and is available from Terminix branches across the country. For more information or to schedule an inspection visit Terminix.com or call your local Terminix branch.
Terminix is the leading provider of termite and pest control services in the United States. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., Terminix services approximately 2.7 million residential and commercial customers in 47 states and 22 countries. Terminix provides pest control services and protection against termites, rodents and other pests threatening human health and/or safety. Terminix is a business unit of ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SERV), a leading provider of essential residential and commercial services. To learn more about Terminix, visit www.Terminix.com.
ServiceMaster (NYSE: SERV) solves the homeowner’s dilemma. Every day, we visit more than 75,000 homes and businesses through our extensive service network of expert professionals. Technology powers our trusted experts to engage with customers so they can order, buy and receive services when, where and how they want them. Our well-recognized brands include American Home Shield (home warranties), AmeriSpec (home inspections), Furniture Medic (furniture repair), Merry Maids (residential cleaning), ServiceMaster Clean (janitorial and residential floor cleaning), ServiceMaster Restore (disaster restoration) and Terminix (termite and pest control). Like, follow or visit us atfacebook.com/ServiceMaster, linkedin.com/ServiceMaster,twitter.com/ServiceMaster, or servicemaster.com.
About Westham Co.
Westham Co. is a leader in innovating, developing, and commercializing the most advanced, environmentally sustainable technologies to eradicate mosquitoes. Its keystone technology is ATSB® (Attractive Targeted Sugar Bait). Recognized as one of the most promising mosquito control solutions in the last three decades, this groundbreaking solution decimates mosquito populations in their natural environment with a patented “attract & kill” method that is based on mosquitoes’ instinct to feed on sugar for energy. Westham Co. licenses the Terminix brand for its mosquito control products in the United States.
(*) “ATSB Trial Summaries Israel 2013: ATSB with garlic oil encapsulated in beta-Cyclodextrin as active ingredient” by Dr. Gunter Muller.
460 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – Rise 2017 Planned Breakout Sessions (3 views)
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Continues Nontraditional Unit Expansion with Successful Phoenix-Area Walmart Opening (2 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (2 views)
- Veterans Find Second Career as VaporFi Franchise Owners (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (2 views)
- Home Care Assistance of Pembroke Pines Receives 2017 Best of Home Care® Provider and Employer of Choice Awards (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – The Vision is Clear (2 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (2 views)
- Rush Bowls Continues 2017 Momentum (2 views)
- Office Evolution Makes Prestigious Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing U.S. Private Companies (2 views)
- NEW BUSINESS IN TOWN: FASTSIGNS® OF EUGENE NOW OPEN (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® reporta crecimiento sin precedente al firmar acuerdo con 63 nuevas franquicias en 2016 (2 views)
- Always Best Care Announces New Owner Of Burlington Territory (2 views)