- Sub Headline: Franchisee Recognized For Zero Leadership Turnover And Highest Overall Guest Response In The Chain’s 12-year History
- Franchise URL: http://www.Newks.com
- Listed: May 6, 2016 4:24 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
May 06, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // JACKSON, Miss. – Cassandra Stokes has been a Newk’s Eatery franchisee for just two and a half years, and she is already making restaurant history with the 101-unit chain. Stokes’ “Sekots Too LLC” franchise was chosen as Newk’s Eatery’s Franchisee of the Year from among more than 30 owner-operators due to high performance in a variety of operational categories, including zero leadership turnover and the highest overall guest response in the chain’s 12-year history. Stokes was presented the award during the Newk’s Eatery Convention this past April.
Following a 26-year career in the military – which included serving as the E-9 senior enlisted leader for the Center for Naval Leadership in the reserve southern region – Stokes redirected her education and training in hospitality management to franchise ownership. After investing in a successful Wingstop franchise in Nacogdoches, Texas in 2007, Stokes stumbled upon the Newk’s Eatery brand years later while on a family trip in Longview, Texas, sparking a desire to bring Newk’s to her hometown. In 2013, she opened Nacogdoches’ first Newk’s Eatery and is now planning to open a second unit in Lufkin, Texas before year’s end.
“At Newk’s, we are in a period of rapid growth and more focused than ever on equipping investors and operators with the tools they need to ensure their success in both pioneer and established markets,” said Keith Moody, Vice President of Franchise Operations. “Cassandra and her team are a prime example of how an unwavering commitment to hospitality and high operational standards can build business and earn lasting customer loyalty.”
Franchisee of the Year contenders were judged across seven categories: restaurant operations, food safety evaluations, guest survey results, ticket count trends, as well as sales trends at the counter, in catering and in Newk’s Grab-N-Go section. Stokes ranked among the top five of all franchisees in five of the award’s seven categories and among the top 10 in the remaining two categories.
“Our mission is to delight all our guests all the time,” said Stokes. “Although I am passionate about what I do, this award is about my people – the leadership at the management and hourly partner levels. Our ultimate goal is to deliver happiness – both through great food and a great attitude that floods out into the community.”
Stokes also attributes much of her restaurant’s success to the advice received by Newk’s seasoned team of franchise business consultants. She cited their help specifically in meeting operational standards, lowering cost of goods by minimizing waste and enforcing portion control, as well as keeping labor investments below industry benchmarks. However, Stokes still places a high priority on labor investment, recognizing that a positive, hospitable team is key to establishing an equally warm and welcoming restaurant environment.
“Because you can’t teach employees to be happy, you must ‘hire hospitality’ and take care of your leaders – that’s the magic,” said Stokes.
Last month, more than 30 Newk’s Eatery franchisees converged with operators and vendors at the Hilton Sandestin Resort in Destin, Florida for a three-day bi-annual convention. This year’s conference featured hospitality experts from the Disney Institute, operation and marketing best practices workshops and franchise networking events. The Franchisee of the Year was announced at the closing reception.
Newk’s Eatery currently has 101 locations in 13 states and plans to expand to more than 200 units by 2019. For more information about Newk’s, visit Newks.com or follow Newk’s on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Keep up with Cassandra Stokes’ Newk’s Eatery location in Nacogdoches by following the restaurant on Facebook.
About Newk’s Eatery
Based in Jackson, Mississippi, Newk’s Eatery is leading the next generation of fast-casual with its culinary-driven menu prepared in Newk’s open-view kitchens, featuring made-from-scratch soups, fresh tossed salads, artisan pizzas, hot toasted sandwiches and desserts. Founded in 2004, Newk’s currently operates and franchises 101 units in 13 states and is gaining national attention for its accelerated growth and commitment to community. The company’s newest restaurants feature a “Generation 2” design, presenting a fresh, on-trend look for the brand while maintaining Newk’s signature warmth and open-view kitchen. FastCasual.com has named Newk’s one of its top 20 “Movers and Shakers,” while Franchise Times magazine ranked Newk’s among its top Fast and Serious franchise brands and Technomic listed Newk’s among its top 50 U.S. fast-casual chains. The brand was also recently named among “The Next 20” by Nation’s Restaurant News and one of QSR magazine’s “Best Franchise Deals.” For more information, visit Newks.com, join the Roundtable Club or fol
274 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Something Old, Something New Comes To Richardson With Opening Of Newest Mr. Gatti’s Restaurant (2 views)
- Fun Bus Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Costa Vida Rides Waves through 2016 with 14 Signed Agreements (2 views)
- Sport Clips: A Team That Puts Community First (2 views)
- SweetFrog Launches Pokémon GO In-Store Takeover and Social Media Contest (1 views)
- Spring-Green Welcomes Newest Franchise Owner John Gerrard (1 views)
- SIGNAL 88 HERO OF THE MONTH: JANUARY, 2017 (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS 2016 Outside Sales Summit (1 views)
- Huey Magoo’s Chicken Tenders Announces New Board Members Formerly Of Wingstop Restaurants (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® CELEBRATES NEW LEVELS OF SUCCESS AND HONORS FRANCHISEES AT 2017 INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION (1 views)
- CREAM Northridge Celebrates One Year Anniversary with Free Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® International, Inc. CEO Catherine Monson to Speak at U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Series (1 views)
- Denny Hamlin and Sport Clips Honor Military at Ft. Bragg, Unveil “Throwback” Scheme for Darlington Race Weekend (1 views)
- Sport Clips Has Locations in All 50 States (1 views)