Togo’s Celebrates National Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day with Charity Giveaway and Pastrami Pounder Challenge
- City: San Jose
- State: California
- Franchise URL: http://www.togos.com
- Listed: January 4, 2016 3:10 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 4, 2016 /FranchisePOD.com/ — Togo’s Eateries, Inc., a “West Coast Original” since 1971, announced today that all 251 Togo’s restaurants will celebrate National Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day on January 14, 2016. Fans who sign up for the Togo’s Share the Love Pastrami Promotion will a receive a buy-one-get-one-free pastrami sandwich coupon, and they may donate their second sandwich to a local homeless shelter in exchange for a free drink.
Hungry Togo’s fans are also invited to participate in the 4th Annual Pastrami Pounder Challenge. Anyone who can eat Togo’s two-foot long, Family Size Pastrami Sandwich within 30 minutes will receive a certificate for a free Pastrami Pounder baseball cap.
National Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day celebrates a culinary tradition with nearly 130 years of history in the United States. By most accounts, pastrami came to the U.S. via Romanian Jews who settled in New York during the 19th century. Legend has it that butcher Sussman Volk got the pastrami recipe in exchange for letting a Romanian friend store luggage at his shop. Volk supposedly served the first hot pastrami sandwich in 1887 and soon converted his butcher shop into a deli to meet demand for the sandwich.
Since 1971, Togo’s has carried on Volk’s tradition with the big, fresh and meaty #9 Signature Pastrami sandwich. Featuring fresh-baked Classic White bread piled high with a quarter pound of hot, hand-sliced beef pastrami, the world-famous #9 comes with a money back guarantee if customers can find a hot pastrami sandwich they like better. In addition to the #9 Signature Pastrami, the Pepper Jack Pastrami and Pastrami Reuben, Togo’s serves the new Boom Boom Pastrami, a sandwich that pairs Togo’s premium pastrami with Ken’s Foods’ Boom Boom Sauce, a creamy blend of fiery chili peppers with a hint of garlic.
To sign up for Togo’s Share the Love Pastrami Promotion, guests can visit www.togospastramigiveaway.com. The signup form will open on Monday, January 4, and close Tuesday, January 12. The coupons will be emailed out to fans on January 14, and they are valid between January 14 and 21, 2016. Participants who choose to donate their second sandwich will receive a drink coupon during checkout at Togo’s. The free drink coupon is also valid January 14-21, 2016.
For the Pastrami Pounder Challenge, guests must buy one Family Size Pastrami Sandwich at regular price and inform a crew member that they are taking the Challenge. To win, one person must eat the entire sandwich, in-restaurant, within 30 minutes of the purchase time stated on the receipt. Winners will receive a completion certificate that includes details on how to claim the Pastrami Pounder baseball cap. Pastrami Pounder champions will be photographed and proudly featured on Togo’s social media pages.
“The #9 is our top selling sandwich and true source of pride for Togo’s. Nobody celebrates National Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day with as much passion as us,” said Renae Scott, Chief Marketing Officer at Togo’s. “We’re excited to celebrate this iconic sandwich, support our communities and cheer on Pastrami Pounder challengers. Come try the #9 on January 14, and you’ll taste why we guarantee each and every one.”
About Togo’s Eateries, Inc.
Togo’s was founded in 1971 by a young college student with a large appetite and little money looking to make sandwiches the way he liked them — big, fresh and meaty. Keeping in the spirit of the original, Togo’s products are still made with only the highest quality ingredients; including fresh-baked Artisan breads, hand sliced premium pastrami, turkey and roast beef, as well as California avocados and cheeses. Togo’s proprietary brand of old-fashioned Pastrami, 98 percent fat-free slow-roasted turkey, and Togo’s homemade chicken and tuna salad set the brand apart from other sandwich shops. With more than 325 locations open and under development throughout the West, Togo’s is a franchise-based business that offers online ordering and catering services. For more information call 1.877.718.6467 or visit http://www.togosfranchise.com. For general information on Togo’s Eateries, Inc., please visit http://www.togos.com.
SOURCE Togo’s Eateries, Inc.
229 total views, 3 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS® LEVERAGING EPSON-3M ULTRACHROME GS3 INK IN EPSON SURECOLOR S-SERIES SOLVENT PRINTERS (3 views)
- 10th Annual Tilted Kilt Calendar: Kilt Calendar Girls Across the Country Celebrate Launch (3 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (3 views)
- Huey Magoo’s Chicken Tenders Announces New Board Members Formerly Of Wingstop Restaurants (2 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (2 views)
- SIGNAL 88 OFFICER OF THE MONTH FEBRUARY, BRENDON BENSON (2 views)
- Le Macaron French Pastries Satisfies Sweet Tooth with New Beverage Offerings (2 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL RECEIVES CFA 2017 AWARD (2 views)
- GYMGUYZ Launches International Expansion with First Canadian Franchise Agreements (2 views)
- Club Pilates Named America’s Fourth Fastest-Growing Company by Inc. Magazine (2 views)
- Altitude Trampoline Park Springing In To Skokie, IL In 2018 (1 views)
- SIGNAL 88 HERO OF THE MONTH: JANUARY, 2017 (1 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (1 views)