- Sub Headline: Mainsail Partners sells ownership of Togo's Sandwiches
- City: San Jose
- State: California
- Franchise URL: http://www.togos.com
- Listed: December 15, 2015 12:11 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Dec. 15, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // – Togo’s Eateries, Inc., a “West Coast Original” since 1971, today announced that Nimes Capital will acquire the sandwich franchise. Growth equity firm Mainsail Partners, Togo’s current co-owner, has agreed to sell its shares to Nimes Capital. CEO Tony Gioia will retain his ownership stake in Togo’s and continue to lead the ongoing revitalization and expansion of the franchise.
Togo’s boasts one of the highest average unit volumes in the QSR sandwich segment at $660,000 and over 20 percent of the chain’s units perform at over $813,000. Mainsail Partners and Gioia acquired the franchise in 2007, and Togo’s now has 251 restaurants in six western states that serve the Big, Fresh, Meaty sandwiches that define the brand.
Under a seasoned leadership team, Togo’s has revitalized its brand, improved operations, and entered into company-owned operations. The franchise has introduced new logos, revamped restaurant designs, updated menus, and added online and mobile ordering. The Togo’s executive team, including Chief Operating Officer Jim Peros, Chief Marketing Officer Renae Scott, Chief Development Officer, Todd Peterson, and Chief Financial Officer, Susan Koch, will continue to lead the company under Nimes ownership.
“Our partnership with Mainsail has allowed us to achieve so much over the past eight years,” said CEO Tony Gioia. “As with all private equity funds, there is an end-point to their investment horizon, and in preparation for that moment, we began a thorough search for new investors. We could not be more pleased to welcome Nimes as our new partner and owner. They embrace our values and culture, and they will help us take Togo’s to the next level.”
“Tony and his team have been terrific partners over the course of our investment in Togo’s,” said Jason Payne, Founding Partner at Mainsail Partners. “We are very proud of the team and what we’ve achieved together over the past eight years. We are excited to see the company in good hands and we will continue our relationship with the brand as loyal customers.”
Togo’s Holdings, LLC and Mainsail Partners engaged Brookwood Associates to advise the company in its search of a new financial partner. Nimes emerged as the ideal partner for Togo’s. Nimes has significant restaurant industry experience and operating partner relationships to leverage in its strategic guidance of Togo’s.
“Togo’s represents the type of business Nimes looks for, with a long history of success, a great management team staying in place, and numerous positive future prospects,” said Nimes founder and CEO David Nazarian.
Nimes Capital is the private equity investment arm of Nazarian Enterprises, established by David Nazarian to diversify and manage the capital of the Nazarian family.
About Togo’s Eateries, Inc.
Togo’s was founded in 1971 by a young college student with a large appetite and little money looking to make sandwiches the way he liked them — big, fresh and meaty. Keeping in the spirit of the original, Togo’s products are still made with only the highest quality ingredients; including fresh-baked Artisan breads, hand sliced premium pastrami, turkey and roast beef, as well as California avocados and cheeses. Togo’s proprietary brand of old-fashioned Pastrami, 98 percent fat-free slow-roasted turkey, and Togo’s homemade chicken and tuna salad set the brand apart from other sandwich shops. With more than 250 locations open and under development throughout the West, Togo’s is a franchise-based business that offers online ordering and catering services. For more information call 1.877.718.6467 or visit http://www.togosfranchise.com. For general information on Togo’s Eateries, Inc., please visit http://www.togos.com.
About Mainsail Partners
Mainsail Partners is a growth equity firm that invests exclusively in bootstrapped, growing and profitable companies. The San Francisco-based firm has a team of experienced operating professionals to help entrepreneurs scale their businesses and accelerate growth. Mainsail’s recent technology investments include 3PL Central, Brilliant Earth, Ncontracts, nCourt, Netchemia, Playmaker CRM, SQL Sentry and Zen Planner. The firm has raised nearly $400 million in committed capital. For further information, please visit www.mainsailpartners.com.
SOURCE Togo’s Eateries, Inc.
138 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet Mark Jameson, FASTSIGNS, Executive Vice President, Franchise Support & Development (4 views)
- Sport Clips Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings Donates $730,000 to Local Boys & Girls Clubs Through Community Day Event (4 views)
- V’s Barbershop Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Bennigan’s Serves Up ‘Summer Shenanigans’ (4 views)
- Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care Celebrates Outstanding Achievements at 2016 Annual Convention (4 views)
- Shoney’s Ready to Show Dads Lots of Love, Fresh Food, Great Value, Friendly Service and FREE Pecan Pie on Father’s Day (4 views)
- California Tortilla Adds Second Location in Central Florida, More to Follow in Fall 2016 (4 views)
- CycleBar® Collaborates With American Heart Association/American Stroke Association to Improve Heart Health (3 views)
- SONIC® Introduces New Loaded Cheddar Dogs, Expanding Offerings in New $5 SONIC Boom Box* (3 views)
- Anago Cleaning Systems Named a Top Low Cost Franchise by Entrepreneur Magazine (3 views)
- Smoothie King Continues Aggressive International Expansion Efforts (3 views)
- DRNK & QWENCH Announces Huge Development News! (3 views)
- Hotshots Sports Bar and Grill Opens New Franchise Locations in El Dorado, AR and Concord, NC (3 views)
- Pierre Bossier Mall Welcomes Bossier City’s 1st Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® (3 views)