- Sub Headline: Orangetheory® Fitness Unveils New OTBeat Link Heart Rate Monitor and Updated Fitness App
- City: Fort Lauderdale
- State: Florida
- Franchise URL: http://www.orangetheoryfitness.com
- Listed: March 1, 2016 11:04 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., March 1, 2016 /FranchisePOD.com/ — Orangetheory® Fitness, the scientifically-backed and fast-growing fitness franchise, today announced the launch of its brand new wearable heart rate monitor and a revamp of its mobile app. The new heart rate monitor, OTBeat Link, is worn on the wrist and powered by Mio. The OTbeat app, which pairs with the new heart rate monitor, officially launches today, and aims to provide a singular platform for members to view a their workout histories, set goals, book classes, and much more.
“The science behind Orangetheory Fitness is what sets us apart from other workouts on the market,” said Dave Long, co-founder and chief executive officer of Orangetheory Fitness. “As a brand, we are constantly evaluating our programs to ensure we are using the latest technology to enhance the science-backed workout and provide the best overall experience for our valued members.”
Orangetheory Fitness Logo (PRNewsFoto/Orangetheory Fitness)
Launched in limited supply earlier this year, the OTBeat Link is an alternative to the existing OTbeat chest strap used in Orangetheory Fitness studios across the nation. While the monitor in the chest strap captures heart rate by listening to and recording the beating heart, the wristband monitor reads the heart rate through LED technology. To further sync with this new technology, Orangetheory updated its OTbeat application, which connects the in-studio experience with workouts done outside the studio. Users have more control within the app thanks to new features, such as the ability to set heart rate zones to optimize calorie burn, to analyze the amount of time spent in each zone and to view splat points from workouts in and outside of the studio.
“The ability to combine data from members both in- and out-of-studio experiences will provide users with a more complete view of their fitness levels and goals,” said Long. “Orangetheory Fitness’ objective has always been to improve the overall health and welfare of as many people as we possibly can – not just while in our studios – and the new OTbeat app is helping our members do just that.”
Orangetheory Fitness launched its first studio in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. in March 2010, and has transformed into one of the world’s top fitness franchises, with more than 360 studios in 36 states and seven countries, including U.S., Canada, U.K., Australia, Mexico, Dominican Republic and Colombia. The 60-minute, five zone heart-rate monitored interval training concept has helped tens of thousands of members lose weight, get toned and meet their overall fitness goals in a short amount of time. The fitness franchise is on track to open 700 studios by 2017.
More information about Orangetheory Fitness is available on Orangetheory’s website. Follow Orangetheory Fitness on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest news and trends.
About Orangetheory® Fitness
Orangetheory® Fitness (www.orangetheoryfitness.com) is a scientifically designed, one-of-a-kind, group personal training workout broken into intervals of cardiovascular and strength training. Backed by the science of excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC), Orangetheory’s heart-rate-monitored workouts are designed to get participants within the target-training zone of 84 percent to 91 percent of their heart rate, which stimulates metabolism and increases energy. Led by highly skilled coaches, each Orangetheory Fitness workout incorporates endurance, strength and power elements through a variety of equipment including treadmills, rowing machines, TRX® suspension training and free weights. The end result is more energy, visible toning and the ‘Orange Effect’ – where participants keep burning calories for up to 36 hours post-workout (the Orangetheory Fitness ‘afterburn’) for an average of 500+ total calories burned per every 60 minute workout. Endorsed by three-time United States Olympian, Lolo Jones, and Super Bowl Champion, Justin Tucker, Orangetheory Fitness recently unveiled its engaging Keep Burning marketing campaign. The company was ranked #415 in Inc. magazine’s Fastest Growing Private Companies List and #255 in Entrepreneur’s 2016 Franchise 500® list of the top franchises in the world. Visit www.otffranchise.com for area developer and franchise opportunities.
SOURCE Orangetheory Fitness
233 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet Mark Jameson, FASTSIGNS, Executive Vice President, Franchise Support & Development (5 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Sport Clips Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (2 views)
- Roosters Men’s Grooming Center Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Grooming Lounge Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- 2Good2B Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Barkefellers Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Mosquito Shield Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Wee Little Arts Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Superior Mosquito Defense Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Cinnaholic “Rolls” Out First San Diego Location (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees At ISA Sign Expo April 19-22 (2 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)