- City: Atlanta
- State: Georgia
- Listed: December 16, 2015 10:15 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
December 16, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // ATLANTA – Uncle Maddio’s Pizza announced today that Rutherford Seydel, attorney, conservationist and business investor, who has been part of the Atlanta Hawks ownership since 2003, has acquired a minority share of Uncle Maddio’s and has agreed to serve on the Board of Advisors. Seydel’s investment comes on the heels of a minority share acquisition from S&S Investments, an early investor in the better burger fast casual chains.
Both Seydel and S&S view Uncle Maddio’s as the pioneer and leader of the category and a brand positioned for continued growth. The investors cited the experienced leadership team and the nationwide franchisee interest as strong indicators of its potential and believe Uncle Maddio’s is the best-in-class fast-casual pizza concept around.
“I have spent my career leading and working with many great Atlanta brands and organizations,” Seydel said.
During a challenging and tough market, Seydel became one of the first investors in Moe’s Southwest Grill, a concept co-founded by Uncle Maddio’s CEO Matt Andrew, among other brands. Seydel is a partner in the law firm of Davis, Pickren, Seydel & Sneed, and is an active part of its growing real estate, franchising and business transactions practices. He is married to environmental champion Laura Turner Seydel, the daughter of Ted Turner. Laura and Rutherford are co-founders of Chattahoochee Riverkeeper and he is the Board Chairman.
Uncle Maddio’s will use the capital to augment the company’s infrastructure and human capital, as the fast-casual pizza chain plans to triple the staff in its headquarters to 30 people this year – a strategy aimed at both enriching franchisee support, as well as staying abreast on cutting-edge technology. Currently, Uncle Maddio’s operates 44 locations in 14 states.
“Rutherford Seydel brings with him an unmatched network of business connections and experience,” said Matt Andrew. “As we grow, his input and insight will be invaluable to our brand.”
Uncle Maddio’s offers premium ingredients and more customization than any other fast-casual pizza chain. Guests choose from one of three crusts, including a gluten-free option, and 48 toppings including six sauces, 27 vegetables and 15 meats. Create-your-own signature salads and Foldwich sandwiches round out the Italian-style menu. The restaurant also offers a selection of craft beers and wine.
Since launching its aggressive growth plan in 2008, Uncle Maddio’s has signed franchise agreements with 65 different entities in 18 states. Many of Uncle Maddio’s franchisees have previous multi-unit experience with Jimmy John’s, Firehouse Subs, Dairy Queen, McDonalds, Burger King, Krystal, Papa John’s, Domino’s, and Golden Corral. Uncle Maddio’s is on track to have 300 restaurants open in five years with 1,000 units in development.
For information on Uncle Maddio’s Pizza Joint, visit www.unclemaddios.com. Interested franchisees can visit unclemaddiosfranchise.com or contact Roger Wagerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Uncle Maddio’s Pizza
With more than 1,350 Pizza Makers making more than 5,000,000 pizzas a year, Uncle Maddio’s Pizza is category leader of the create-your-own, fast casual pizza restaurants. Operating 44 locations in 14 states, Uncle Maddio’s has more than 250 units in development and is projected to double in size in 2015. Uncle Maddio’s pizzas are customizable, made-to-order, and served up fast for about $8. With four pizza sizes, three types of crusts, six sauces and 48 fresh toppings, Uncle Maddio’s has the freshest and largest menu in the category. The restaurant’s unique fast bake ovens offer the most throughput in the industry and can produce 200 pizzas per hour. Uncle Maddio’s also serves Foldwiches™ and salads. Uncle Maddio’s ‘Served with Love’ philosophy and restaurant is for everyone – children and families, college students, the young and the young at heart – and includes extensive community involvement. Based in Atlanta, the Uncle Maddio’s management team has 50 years combined experienced in the fast casual category. www.unclemaddios.com
SOURCE Uncle Maddio’s Pizza
Ellen Weaver Hartman
APR, Fellow PRSA
O: 678 399 3335
C: 770 355 8855
174 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (1 views)
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (2 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (2 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (1 views)
- The Carving Board Sandwiches Serves Up National Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Build Your Dream Lineup At Taco John’s® (1 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® International, Inc. CEO Catherine Monson to Speak at U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Series (1 views)
- Salata To Open In Quail Springs Thursday (1 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – The Vision is Clear (1 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (1 views)