- Sub Headline: The company is pursuing a location and planning for a 2018 opening
- Listed: August 25, 2017 8:56 am
- Expires: 340 days
Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location
RICHMOND, Va., Aug. 25, 2017 /FranchisePOD.com/ — Global sports entertainment leader Topgolf® today confirmed it is actively pursuing a location in the heart of Henrico County, Richmond. Topgolf opened its first U.S. location in Virginia and has opened three venues throughout the state so far.
Through the premium experience of play, food and music, Topgolf is inspiring people of all ages and skill levels – even non-golfers – to come together for playful competition. Guests can enjoy point-scoring golf games using microchipped balls that instantly score themselves, showing players the accuracy and distance of their shots instantly on a TV screen in their hitting bay. The venues also feature an outstanding chef-driven menu, top-shelf drinks, big screen TVs and music in climate-controlled hitting bays for year-round comfort. Year-round programming includes events for kids and families, social leagues, golf tournaments, golf instruction and more.
“The support Topgolf has received here in Virginia has allowed us to grow throughout the state,” said Topgolf Chief Development Officer Chris Callaway. “As both the capital and third largest metro area in Virginia, we have had our sight set on the fast-growing Richmond community for quite some time. We hope to offer Richmond residents and tourists an exciting new destination for entertainment.”
Topgolf currently has three locations in Virginia Alexandria, Loudoun County and Virginia Beach. Topgolf employs more than 1,200 associates in the state today. Callaway anticipates that Topgolf Richmond would serve approximately 450,000 guests annually.
Topgolf’s economic impact in its community is remarkable, creating more than 500 jobs at each location and servicing as an anchor tenant that tends to attract other popular franchises to the area. In fact, its economic output in Richmond alone is expected to exceed $264.5 million over a 10-year-period, according to a third-party audit.
What started with twin brothers developing a technology to make golf scoring fun, has turned into a global brand focused on connecting people in meaningful ways. Today, Topgolf continues to blend technology and entertainment, golfers and non-golfers, children and adults – to create an experience that makes socializing a sport for everyone. No matter the occasion or who you share it with, we believe every great time starts with play, is fueled by food and beverage, moved by music and made possible through community. Every Topgolf venue features dozens of high-tech, climate-controlled hitting bays for year-round comfort, a chef-inspired menu for year-round deliciousness and hundreds of Associates eager to help create the moments that matter. With 33 venues entertaining more than 10.5 million Guests annually, original content shows, next-gen simulator lounges, competitive tours, pop-up social experiences and the world’s largest digital golf audience, Topgolf is truly everyone’s game. To learn more and view exclusive digital content, follow @Topgolf or visit www.topgolf.com.
Director of Corporate Communications, Topgolf
Ph: (214) 501-5025
119 total views, 3 today
Popular Ads Today
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Hurricane Harvey: How You Can Help (3 views)
- Sport Clips Haircut Franchise Markets Available By State (2 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (6 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (4 views)
- BodyLogicMD Transforms Integrative Medicine for Physicians and Patients With Exponential Growth and Expansion (4 views)
- BumperDoc Franchises Featured in Fender Bender’s MSO Project (3 views)
- Smashburger’s New Triple Double Cheeseburger Irks California’s Giant In-N-Out Burger (3 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (3 views)
- The Loop Pizza Grill Opens New Jacksonville Location (3 views)
- Fajita Pete’s Continues Franchising Development Throughout Texas (2 views)
- Local Entrepreneur Opens Beeline Bikes in San Antonio (2 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Black Bear Diner Reaches Milestone With Opening of 100th Restaurant (2 views)
- Altitude Trampoline Park Springing In To Skokie, IL In 2018 (2 views)