- Sub Headline: Caring Transitions, America’s largest resource for managing senior relocations as well as downsizing and estate liquidations, now serves Greater Albany as well as Berkshire, Columbia, Litchfield and Dutchess counties.
- City: Berkshire
- State: New York
- Franchise URL: http://www.caringtransitions.com
- Listed: December 19, 2015 10:00 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
BERKSHIRE, NY (FranchisePOD.com) DECEMBER 18, 2015 – When Kendra MacLeod decided it was time to retire from childhood education, she knew she still wanted to help people. That’s why she opened Caring Transitions of Berkshires and Hudson Valley.
Caring Transitions is America’s largest resource for managing senior relocations as well as downsizing and estate liquidations. In addition to organizing, packing, decluttering, moving and resettling, Caring Transitions can handle estate sales, liquidations, and preparing homes for market. Caring Transitions of Berkshires and Hudson Valley serves Greater Albany as well as Berkshire, Columbia, Litchfield and Dutchess counties.
Prior to opening Caring Transitions, MacLeod spent almost 20 years helping children do better in school and gain confidence for life as a Sylvan Learning franchisee. Before that she worked as a personal banker and high school English teacher.
“I sold my Sylvan Learning Center, but just didn’t like being retired. I started looking for a business that would continue my tradition of caring in a new field and Caring Transitions was a great fit. While I was with Sylvan we helped 10,000 families through some very challenging and stressful times. The whole family experiences stress when one member struggles in school. Moving is even hire on the scale of stressful life events. “Helping seniors and their families make a graceful transition to a new living situation that is safer and a better fit for a new stage in life is what we are all about,” Macleod said.
In addition to her experience as a business owner in a compassionate industry, MacLeod also understands what her senior clients’ adult children are going through. She helped her mom downsize twice – from her home to independent living and then into assisted living – from 12 hours away.
“The move itself can be stressful, but when you add in family politics, a senior who may not be at their best and a sometimes unwelcome relocation, it can be overwhelming. Honestly, if I had known Caring Transitions existed when I helped my mom, my brother and I would have strongly considered seeking their help,” MacLeod said.
“Many people of all ages have told me they feel imprisoned by their stuff. They know they need to downsize and/or relocate, but they aren’t even sure where to start. That’s where Caring Transitions comes in. We can help you space plan, pack, move, get settled and sell the possessions you decide to leave behind. We are here to bridge the gap between where you are and where you need to be,” she added.
Whether your situation is planned or unexpected, Caring Transitions’ services are perfect for seniors moving in with family or into a safer living situation, busy families, and people clearing out the home of a loved one who has passed. All of Caring Transitions’ services are customizable, so clients only pay for the services they need – whether that means managing the entire move and estate-clearing or just getting someone resettled into their new place.
MacLeod is a Certified Relocation and Transition Specialist, a designation bestowed by an independent organization that evaluates providers of senior relocation services. Caring Transitions of Berkshires and Hudson Valley is bonded and insured and all employees are background-checked.
When she’s not working, MacLeod is a junior warden at St. Paul Episcopal Church in Stockbridge, a member of the Lenox Garden Club and a volunteer at the Berkshire Botanical Garden. She lives in Lenox with her cat Sugi and has a grown son, Nick, who lives in New Jersey.
For additional information about Caring Transitions and to learn how the company can help you and your family, call (413)429-4288 or (518)513-5087, email KMacLeod(at)CaringTransitions.com or visit http://www.caringtransitionsberkshv.com.
About Caring Transitions
Caring Transitions, founded in 2006, is the first national franchising concept specializing in senior relocation and transition services. With more than 150 locations throughout the United States all owned and operated by Certified Relocation and Transition Specialists, Caring Transitions provides clients with supportive moves, auctions, rightsizing and transitions. This includes expert advice plus a well-executed transition plan beginning with the initial sorting of personal belongings through packing, shipping and selling of items to the final clearing and cleaning of the property. For more information, visit http://www.caringtransitions.com or visit us on Facebook.
174 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Signal 88 Locking Down Security Business (2 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (4 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® RECOGNIZED FOR OUTSTANDING WEBSITE IN THE 2016 WEBAWARDS COMPETITION (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (3 views)
- Ace Signs of Texas Becomes FASTSIGNS of Killeen (2 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (2 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (2 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS: HOW SIGNS AND GRAPHICS HELP MAKE EVENTS MORE SUCCESSFUL (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® of Rosenberg/Richmond, Texas Now Open (2 views)
- Home Care Assistance of Pembroke Pines Receives 2017 Best of Home Care® Provider and Employer of Choice Awards (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Columbia Daily Tribune: Private Security Industry Grows in Columbia as Population Rises (2 views)
- After Floods Swept Through Louisiana, Sport Clips Team Members Band Together to Rebuild a Devastated Community (2 views)