- Sub Headline: Studios Create More than 8,000 Trips for Families to Visit Children in NICU at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital
- City: Fort Lauderdale
- State: Florida
- Franchise URL: http://www.orangetheoryfitness.com
- Listed: February 26, 2016 10:33 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Feb. 26, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // – Orangetheory® Fitness, the scientifically-backed and fast-growing fitness franchise, will present a donation of more than $31,000 to Jackson Chance Foundation (JCF) on March 2 at 1 p.m. at the Orangetheory Fitness Chicago-Wrigleyville studio, which is located at 3738 N. Halsted St, Chicago, Illinois.
During the month of February, 20 Orangetheory Fitness studios in the Chicagomarket participated in an effort to raise money for local families in need through Jackson Chance Foundation. Jackson Chance Foundation allows parents to spend more time with their critically ill baby in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago by providing funding for transportation and parking. Through this effort, Orangetheory Fitness created more than 8,000 trips for families.
Orangetheory Fitness partnered with Jackson Chance Foundation to bring the first indoor charity dry triathlon, or DriTri fundraising event, to the Chicagoland area. The Jackson Chance DriTri was held simultaneously across 18 Orangetheory Fitness studios on Feb. 20 and 21, and consisted of a 2000-meter row, 5k run and 300 floor reps. The studios collected money through a $25 entry fee, cash donations and an online crowdrise account. All proceeds from the event are being donated to Jackson Chance Foundation.
“Orangetheory Fitness has always been a big supporter of the Chicago community. Our staff, coaches, members and family of OTF – Illinois make an impact every single day on the lives of those within our studios by encouraging and motivating members to be stronger, faster, healthier and happier,” said Jen Presbitero, regional director of operations for Orangetheory Fitness-Illinois.
Area representative of Orangetheory Fitness-Illinois, Barb Morris, added, “When my family experienced a personal tragedy and learned there was a way to help other families like ours, we knew we had to take action. The response we’ve seen from the studios in Illinois is outstanding.”
Megan Wieringa, the sister/daughter of the folks who bought the franchise rights to Orangetheory Fitness-Illinois, Brad Ehrlich and Barb and Allen Morris, had a critically ill daughter named Alaina Grace. She was being treated at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital just three doors down from another critically ill baby,Jackson Chance. During their stay, both children lost their battle, but each left a legacy. Jackson was the inspiration for his family launching Jackson Chance Foundation. Alaina’s family was in the beginning stages of opening the first Orangetheory Fitness studio in Illinois. This coincidence was not by chance; it was so the OTF-Illinois family could help Lurie Children’s NICU families of the future through the power of Jackson Chance Foundation.
“With the support of our OTF – Illinois family, we can make a difference. Jackson Chance Foundation makes a real impact on the Chicagoland community and helps give back to those who want to savor the precious moments with their child,” added Brad Ehrlich, area representative of Orangetheory Fitness-Illinois.
Jackson Chance Foundation’s mission is to enrich the lives of families with babies in the NICU by allowing them to spend more time with their baby. JCF created the NICU Transportation Program to partner with hospitals and alleviate the transportation expenses of all families while their child is in the NICU by providing parking and CTA/Metra vouchers. The programs are fully funded by JCF.
Orangetheory Fitness launched its first studio in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. in March 2010, and has transformed into one of the world’s top fitness franchises, with more than 360 studios in 36 states and seven countries, including U.S., Canada, U.K.,Australia, Mexico, Dominican Republic and Colombia. The 60-minute, five zone heart-rate monitored interval training concept has helped tens of thousands of members lose weight, get toned and meet their overall fitness goals in a short amount of time. The fitness franchise is on track to open 700 studios by 2017.
To learn more about Jackson Chance Foundation, please visit their website atJacksonChance.org. More information about Orangetheory Fitness is available on Orangetheory’s website. Follow Orangetheory Fitness on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest news and trends.
About Orangetheory® Fitness
Orangetheory® Fitness (www.orangetheoryfitness.com) is a scientifically designed, one-of-a-kind, group personal training workout broken into intervals of cardiovascular and strength training. Backed by the science of excess post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC), Orangetheory’s heart-rate-monitored workouts are designed to get participants within the target-training zone of 84 percent to 91 percent of their heart rate, which stimulates metabolism and increases energy. Led by highly skilled coaches, each Orangetheory Fitness workout incorporates endurance, strength and power elements through a variety of equipment including treadmills, rowing machines, TRX® suspension training and free weights. The end result is more energy, visible toning and the ‘Orange Effect’ – where participants keep burning calories for up to 36 hours post-workout (the Orangetheory Fitness ‘afterburn’) for an average of 500+ total calories burned per every 60 minute workout. Endorsed by three-time United States Olympian, Lolo Jones, and Super Bowl Champion, Justin Tucker, Orangetheory Fitness recently unveiled its engaging Keep Burning marketing campaign. The company was ranked #415 in Inc. magazine’s Fastest Growing Private Companies List and #255 in Entrepreneur’s 2016 Franchise 500® list of the top franchises in the world. Visit www.otffranchise.com for area developer and franchise opportunities.
SOURCE Orangetheory Fitness
374 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (5 views)
- Tacos 4 Life Restaurant Brings on New Executives to Expand Business and Mission (6 views)
- SUPPLY POINTe Launches Nationwide Franchise Program (6 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (5 views)
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Heads North to Bring a Taste of the South to the Empire State (5 views)
- LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISEE PROVIDES SIGNS OF SUPPORT FOR BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS (5 views)
- E-2 Visa Holders Welcome As Nestlé® Toll House® Café by Chip® Franchisees (4 views)
- A Flavorful Fall Is Coming to Dunkin’ Donuts this Month (4 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (4 views)
- FASTSIGNS® of Rosenberg/Richmond, Texas Now Open (4 views)
- MyWay Mobile Storage Provides Portable Storage Containers to 2017 Festival of Nations (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Targets Veterans to Fulfill Overwhelming Demand (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security, a Premier Security Services Franchise, Announces Strategic Growth Plan to Add Locations Nationwide (4 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (4 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise – Reed Nyffeler – The Role of the Annual Convention (4 views)