- Franchise URL: http://www.DryerVentWizard.com
- Listed: July 11, 2016 2:40 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
ALBANY, OR (FranchisePOD.com) July 11, 2016 – Growing up in a family of loggers in the Valley, Mark Spurgeon considers he has been in the “prevention” business throughout a diverse career. As a manufacturing engineer and production planner, he worked to prevent mechanical failures, material shortages, workplace injuries and more.
In 2016, Spurgeon shifted gears to another type of prevention by starting his business, Dryer Vent Wizard (DVW), to service the Valley area. Founded in 2004, DVW is a fast-growing North American franchise that specializes in dryer vent repair, replacement, alteration, cleaning and maintenance for residential and commercial clients.
“I researched a lot of business opportunities and was attracted to the niche that Dryer Vent Wizard offers — especially when it comes to fire prevention and energy savings,” said Spurgeon.
In the U.S., it is estimated that poorly maintained or clogged dryer vents are the leading cause of appliance fires, resulting in more than 15,500 dryer fires every year. These are only the reported cases.
Being in the business of education and prevention comes naturally to Spurgeon and his wife, Tami Volz, principal of Cascade Elementary in Lebanon. Together, the couple has five adult sons. When Spurgeon is not working, he volunteers as a DJ to help raise money to benefit local charities and causes.
Although Spurgeon is used to performing in front of large groups, he was surprised when a recent DVW service call attracted several neighbors.
“They didn’t understand why someone would have their dryer cleaned,” said Spurgeon. “It was a thrill to see the surprise on their faces when they saw how much lint I took out of the system. It was validation that what I’m doing is right and helping people get rid of a ticking time bomb.”
Spurgeon reported that one service call generated more business from previously skeptical neighbors.
While making service calls, Spurgeon takes time to talk with customers about the importance of regular cleaning and maintenance of dryer vents for energy savings as well as fire prevention.
“I’ve found my niche in the business of prevention,” added Spurgeon, whose business services the Valley from Salem to Eugene, including Albany, Corvallis and Lebanon.
About Dryer Vent Wizard
Headquartered in Farmington Hills, Michigan, Dryer Vent Wizard is a member of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). DVW’s 70 plus franchisees serve more than 9,000 communities throughout the U.S. and Canada. For more information and to learn more about franchise opportunities, visit www.DryerVentWizard.com or call 866-498-SAFE (7233) in the U.S. and 866-395-SAFE (7233) in Canada.
SOURCE Dryer Vent Wizard
Dryer Vent Wizard
545 total views, 3 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler About The Signal 88 Culture and Our Core Values (7 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (6 views)
- FASTSIGNS® OF YORK PROVIDES AWARD-WINNING SIGNS AND GRAPHICS FOR PENN STATE YORK STUDENT CENTER (5 views)
- Security 101: Signal 88 Memorial Day Safety Tips (3 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Seeks Franchisees at Idealliance Experience Annual Conference May 3-5 (3 views)
- AAMCO Expanding Brand’s Footprint With 18 New Centers Nationwide (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL RECEIVES CFA 2017 AWARD (2 views)
- Meet Mark Jameson, FASTSIGNS, Executive Vice President, Franchise Support & Development (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON NAMED IN TOP 20 FACES OF FRANCHISING (2 views)
- NEW BUSINESS IN TOWN: FASTSIGNS® OF EUGENE NOW OPEN (2 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (2 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (2 views)
- Three local FastSigns recognized for top performance (2 views)