- Sub Headline: Latest Event Highlights Year-Round Support of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- City: Charlotte
- State: North Carolina
- Listed: November 18, 2015 11:16 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
November 03, 2015 // FranchisePOD.com // CHARLOTTE, N.C. – In honor of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, Window World®, America’s largest replacement window and exterior remodeling company, participated in September’s St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer. This event helped Window World’s charitable arm, Window World Cares®, surpass the $5.3 million mark in funds raised for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®.
St. Jude is leading the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Since the hospital opened its doors in 1962, the treatments invented at St. Jude helped push the overall survival rate for childhood cancer from 20 percent to more than 80 percent today.
Window World Cares, founded in 2008, supports the children and families of St. Jude through year-round philanthropic efforts, including the annual walk. This was the sixth consecutive year that Window World offices nationwide participated in this St. Jude event. This year, Window World teams raised nearly $130,000, securing fourth place in donations among companies nationally. In addition, four Window World teams ranked No. 1 for their respective markets. The Window World Corporate team raised more than $23,500, the most of any group in the Charlotte region. Chairman and CEO Tammy Whitworth raised a total of $5,830 individually, earning her place as the top fundraiser for the Charlotte event.
“We constantly look for ways to integrate this special cause throughout our company,” said Whitworth. “This year alone, we expanded our efforts through new partnerships and by strengthening our existing programs, including The Stinger.”
Earlier this year, Window World announced its sponsorship of the Rob Holland Ultimate Airshows 2015 season, which included displaying St. Jude’s logo in front of international audiences. In June, the company participated as the national presenting sponsor of the St. Jude Presents John Rich and Friends concert for the fourth year in a row. This December, Window World will visit Memphis for the annual ‘Window World Day’ at the hospital, a themed celebration to honor patients and their families.
Continuing its year-round support, Window World looks forward to the May 2016 auction of its custom IndyCar, The Stinger. One of Window World Cares’ largest projects, the car has raised significant funds for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The Stinger’s journey will come to an end at its auction, after which one hundred percent of the funds from its sale will be donated directly to the hospital.
To learn more about Window World Cares, visit www.WindowWorldCares.com.
About Window World®
Window World®, headquartered in North Wilkesboro, N.C., is America’s largest replacement window and exterior remodeling company, with more than 200 locally owned and operated offices nationwide. Founded in 1995, the company sells and installs windows, siding, doors and other exterior products, with a total of over 10 million windows sold to date. Window World is an ENERGY STAR® partner and its window products have earned the Good Housekeeping Seal for eight consecutive years. For more information about Window World, visit www.WindowWorld.com or call 1-800 NEXT WINDOW.
About Window World Cares®
Window World Cares® was founded in 2008 by Tammy Whitworth and her late husband, Todd. The foundation provides funding for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®, where it was named New Corporate Partner of the Year in 2010. Since its inception in 2008, the foundation has raised over $5.3 million for St. Jude. To learn more about Window World Cares or to donate, visit www.WindowWorldCares.com.
SOURCE Window World®
Window World, Inc.
Reed & Associates Marketing
For Window World, Inc.
110 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Meet The FASTSIGNS Franchise Corporate Leadership Team (2 views)
- Veterans Find Second Career as VaporFi Franchise Owners (5 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (4 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (4 views)
- Tacos 4 Life Restaurant Brings on New Executives to Expand Business and Mission (4 views)
- Back Yard Burger Supports Dine Out for No Kid Hungry (3 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (3 views)
- School Of Rock Names Anthony Padulo Chief Development Officer (2 views)
- Brightway Insurance names new Chairman; David Miller becomes Executive Chairman (2 views)
- SUPPLY POINTe Launches Nationwide Franchise Program (2 views)
- The Loop Pizza Grill Opens New Jacksonville Location (2 views)
- Quaker Steak & Lube® New Entrees and Desserts Combine for a Full-Meal Dining Experience (2 views)
- MILITARY FAMILY RETURNS TO WASHINGTON AND OPENS LOCAL FASTSIGNS FRANCHISE BUSINESS (2 views)
- Joshua Trejo – Sport Clips Help A Hero Scholarship Recipient Video (2 views)
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (1 views)