- Sub Headline: The 900th Wingstop, located in Indonesia, reflects the company’s commitment to global expansion
- Franchise URL: Link removed at 370 total views on 10/12/2016.
- Listed: June 1, 2016 7:37 am
- Expires: 94 days, 2 hours
Dallas, TX (FranchisePOD.com) June 01, 2016 – Wingstop Inc. (NASDAQ:WING) has opened its 900th location worldwide as the company continues to execute its growth strategy. The 900th restaurant is located in Indonesia in the city of Surabaya. This will be Wingstop’s 12th location in the country since the first Indonesia restaurant was established in June of 2014, and will also be the first Indonesia-based location outside of greater Jakarta.
Wingstop‘s Indonesia franchisee, PT Mega Mahadana Hadiya (Mahadya Group), was established in 2013 and operates several consumer retail concepts, including Carl’s Jr., Caribou Coffee and a local supermarket chain and bakery brand. Mahadya Group was originally drawn to Wingstop because of the wide variety of flavors that Wingstop offers as well as the fresh, made-to-order quality of the chicken. This opening now makes Indonesia Wingstop’s second largest international market behind Mexico, which has 37 operational locations.
“We are very proud to be a part of the growing international chain of Wingstop Restaurants. With restaurant nine-hundred opening in Indonesia, this tells the world that Wingstop is loved by the fourth largest country on the planet in terms of population,” said Mehdi Zaidi, Chief Operating Officer F&B of Mahadya Group. ”We are also entering a new market here in Indonesia, as this Wingstop will be the first outside of greater Jakarta. We believe this Wingstop in Surabaya will be successful because it is in an area with a high concentration of young people who are inspired by lifestyle trends such as food and music.”
Wingstop currently operates 62 locations outside the U.S. and is focusing on the expansion of its international operations. Just days after the opening of the 900th location, another Indonesia Wingstop is set to open in Surabaya.
“I am very proud to see that our international network contributed to such an important company milestone,” said Larry Kruguer, SVP and President of International Operations for Wingstop. “This opening in Indonesia is a reflection of our growth and expansion in our current portfolio of countries outside the U.S., and speaks to the potential of new market opportunities in the future.”
The 900th Wingstop is located at Jl. Adityawarman No. 55, Unit P26 in Surabaya Town Square. To celebrate this opening, the 900th location will be offering guests a Buy One Get One promotion until June 3. To take advantage of this offer, guests should follow @wingstopid on Instagram and repost the Grand Opening photo.
Founded in 1994 and headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Wingstop Inc. (Nasdaq:WING) operates and franchises 900 restaurants across the United States, Mexico, Singapore, the Philippines, Indonesia, and the United Arab Emirates as of the end of the first quarter 2016. The Wing Experts menu features bone-in and boneless wings with 11 bold, distinctive flavors including Original Hot, Cajun, Atomic, Mild, Teriyaki, Lemon Pepper, Hawaiian, Garlic Parmesan, Hickory Smoked BBQ, Louisiana Rub and Mango Habanero. Wingstop’s wings are always cooked-to-order, hand-sauced and tossed and served with a variety of freshly-prepared sides including Wingstop’s hand-cut, seasoned fries. Wingstop has grown domestic same store sales for 12 consecutive years through 2015, was named the “Best Franchise Deal in North America” by QSR magazine in 2014, was ranked the 2015 #5 Top Growth Chain by Nation’s Restaurant News and was recognized as “Best Wings” by Food and Wine in 2014. For more information visit www.wingstop.com or www.wingstopfranchise.com. Become a fan of Wingstop by visiting facebook.com/Wingstop or twitter.com/Wingstop.
626 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Franchising Entrepreneur John Leonesio Launches Fourth Health, Wellness & Beauty Franchise – Sirius Day Spa (5 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (2 views)
- Huey Magoo’s Chicken Tenders Announces New Board Members Formerly Of Wingstop Restaurants (5 views)
- Dickey’s Senior Vice President of Development Trinity Hall Offers Franchising Best Practices (3 views)
- Camp Run-A-Mutt Franchise Opportunities (3 views)
- Sky Zone Announces Plans To Bounce Into Saginaw (2 views)
- Crumb & Get It Cookie Co. Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- On St. Patrick’s Day, Guests Can “Win Some Green” At Dunkin’ Donuts (2 views)
- AAMCO Franchise Of Lafayette Receives Small Business Of The Month Award From Greater Lafayette Commerce Committee (2 views)
- Buffalo Wild Wings Introduces Limited Time Offer Takeout Pack for UFC® 198, 199 and 200 (2 views)
- Pieology Pizzeria Opens Second Florida Location (2 views)
- Famous Toastery and Dancakes Launch Holiday Character Pancake Art Campaign (2 views)
- HouseMaster LLC Announces Appointment of New CFO, Adam Campbell (2 views)
- Image One USA Commercial Cleaning Enterprise Expands to Michigan (2 views)
- UFood Grill Signs With NEXTEP SYSTEMS To Install Self-Order Kiosks At All New Locations (2 views)