- Franchise URL: http://www.woodcraft.com
- Listed: May 3, 2016 7:44 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
PARKERSBURG, W. VA. (FranchisePOD.com) May 02, 2016 – Woodcraft is now the exclusive retailer for a brand-new furniture paint and topcoat developed by Black Dog Salvage, a prominent architectural salvage company based in Roanoke, Virginia, that is also the home of the reality-style TV show “Salvage Dawgs.”
Woodcraft partnered with the salvage company over a year ago to upgrade the Black Dog Salvage woodshop. When Black Dog Salvage saw the need for a furniture paint that performed better than other paints currently on the market, Woodcraft agreed to help launch the new furniture paint that is available exclusively at Woodcraft and Black Dog Salvage.
Black Dog Salvage specializes in saving valuable architectural pieces of history from the landfill for residential and commercial reuse. The company’s salvage projects take the crew around the country and are documented on “Salvage Dawgs.” Some of the pieces are sold, while others are upcycled into custom furniture and interior design accent pieces at the Black Dog Salvage custom wood and metal shop. All are on display at the company’s 40,000-square-foot Marketplace in Roanoke and online athttp://www.blackdogsalvage.com.
“Black Dog Salvage Paint was originally developed for the furniture we build in our shop. Our goal was to create a safe and easy to use paint that could be customized for each of our furniture designs,” Black Dog Salvage co-owner Robert Kulp said. Co-owner Mike Whiteside added, “Made in small batches in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, our paint line includes a true black and white, affording the ability to mix custom tints and shades.”
The unconventional names for the 15 furniture paint colors reflect the sense of humor “Salvage Dawgs” viewers see in co-hosts Kulp and Whiteside and their crew. Customers will find I Need a Bandage (blood red), That’s Gonna Leave a Mark (purple like a bruise), Caution: Dogs at Work (orange for construction) and 12 other similarly named colors. “We played with words and had fun with it,” Whiteside said. “Of course our signature color is black – Black Dog – named after my first black dog, Molly, who became the company’s namesake when we launched Black Dog Salvage in 1999.”
Black Dog Salvage Furniture Paint is a water-based, easy to use interior paint uniquely designed to adhere to most surfaces, cover in a single coat, and dry fast to a smooth matte finish. It can be used on finished and unfinished furniture, woodwork, metal or glass. Black Dog Salvage Guard Dog Topcoat Paint Protector is a water-based, interior Poly/Acrylic Topcoat designed as a durable, self-leveling, final finish for Black Dog Salvage Furniture Paint. It can be used to protect painted surfaces or as a protective finish coat for woodworking and home improvement projects of all kinds.
“We are excited to bring this new product to our customers,” Vince Grlovich, Woodcraft vice president for sales and marketing, said. “We think it will open up a range of applications for woodworkers and do-it-yourselfers to create new and unique finishes, as well as inspiring them to tackle more repurposing and home improvement projects.”
Grlovich also said, “Woodcraft hopes to continue building on the Black Dog Salvage relationship through promoting the salvage company’s mission to ‘reclaim, renew and redefine architectural salvage for a sustainable future.’ If Woodcraft customers learn about ‘Salvage Dawgs’ through promotion of the paint, we hope they will watch the show, see the historic salvage process firsthand, and come to understand its value for the nation.”
For more information about Black Dog Salvage and “Salvage Dawgs,” visit http://www.blackdogsalvage.com.
To learn more about Woodcraft, please contact the store nearest you, visit http://www.woodcraft.com or call (800) 535-4482. For more information about Woodcraft franchise opportunities, visit http://www.woodcraftfranchise.com or email email@example.com.
Woodcraft Supply LLC
+1 (304) 865-4107 Ext: 2107
312 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- FASTSIGNS Franchise Opportunities (4 views)
- Franchising Growth: Signal 88 by the Numbers (3 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (3 views)
- Brightway Insurance Celebrates Ninth Anniversary (6 views)
- Pizza Factory Scores Big with San Jose Sharks Partnership (6 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (5 views)
- Coverall® Appoints New Chief Financial Officer (5 views)
- Cousins Subs® Makes It Better In Communities Across Wisconsin (4 views)
- theCoderSchool to Continue California Expansion (4 views)
- Ziebart Announces New Product To Its Protection And Appearance Line-Up, Ceramic Z-Gloss® Paint Coating, Longest Lasting Paint Coating On The Market (4 views)
- Amazing Lash Studio Announces Milestone Opening (3 views)
- Camp Run-A-Mutt Ranks #2057 on the 2017 Inc. 5000 (3 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (3 views)
- Shane Beard San Diego FASTSIGNS Franchisee Celebrates Over 20 years of Success (3 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (3 views)