- Sub Headline: In an effort to promote its educational offerings, Woodcraft has sponsored two contests on Instructables.com.
- City: Parkersburg
- State: West Virginia
- Franchise URL: http://www.woodcraft.com
- Listed: March 1, 2016 7:53 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
PARKERSBURG, W. VA. (FranchisePOD.com) February 29, 2016 – Woodcraft has sponsored two contests on Instructables.com – described as The World’s Biggest Show and Tell – in an effort to introduce the woodworkers and potential woodworkers who use the website to Woodcraft and information about the company’s educational resources.
A spinoff of Squid Labs, based in Alameda, California, Instructables attracts 30 million plus viewers each month to its web-based documentation platform that allows passionate creators to share what they do and how they do it, as well as learn from and collaborate with others. According to the Instructables “Our Story,” the number of projects on the site has grown to over 100,000.
“In addition to offering top quality products, Woodcraft has built a reputation for providing educational opportunities and one-on-one guidance to woodworkers of all skill levels,” Woodcraft vice president for sales and marketing Vince Grlovich said. “A lot of the young people using the Instructables website are incorporating wood into their unique projects, often with other materials like metal. Woodcraft can support these young creators by helping them improve their woodworking skills – or discover new skills.”
Besides offering a place to showcase and store new projects, Instructables also sponsors ongoing competitions, which is how Woodcraft became involved with this “show and tell” community. Woodcraft donated prizes for the “Furniture Hacks” and “Shelving” contests, which gave the national woodworking retailer mention on the contest pages, including a link to woodcraft.com, during the two-month contest period, as well as after the contests closed. “Woodcraft looks forward to sponsoring another Instructables contest in the near future,” Grlovich said.
“Instructables contestants who check out Woodcraft will find that retail stores throughout the US offer classes to teach woodworking skills, as well as classes in how to use and maintain woodworking tools,” Grlovich said. “Free technique and tool use videos are also available on woodcraft.com in the resource section and on woodcraftmagazine.com, and Woodworking Adventures, the company blog, often features how-to instructions for repurposing or making projects from wood.”
The Princess Castle Bunk Bed that won grand prize in the “Furniture Hacks” contest was created by a Dad for his daughter, while the Transforming Workbench and Storage Unit that won grand prize in the “Shelving” contest was built by a man for his girlfriend, an artist. In each case, the creator shares the thinking behind the project design, as well as the actual building process. To view these and other projects in these two contests, visit http://www.instructables.com/contest/furniturehacks/ andhttp://www.instructables.com/contest/shelving/.
To learn more about Instructables, visit http://www.instructables.com.
For more information about Woodcraft, please contact the store nearest you, visit http://www.woodcraft.com or call (800) 535-4482. To learn about Woodcraft franchise opportunities, visit http://www.woodcraftfranchise.com or email woodcraftfranchise(at)woodcraft.com.
Woodcraft Supply LLC
+1 (304) 865-4107 Ext: 2107
185 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Announces First European Master Franchise (1 views)
- Local Entrepreneur Opens Beeline Bikes in San Antonio (2 views)
- Topgolf Aiming for Richmond as 4th Virginia Location (2 views)
- Creamistry Continues California Expansion (2 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- How the FASTSIGNS Co-Brand Opportunity is Helping This Veteran Photo Company Video (1 views)
- Le Macaron French Pastries Satisfies Sweet Tooth with New Beverage Offerings (1 views)
- Meet our Sport Clips Team Leader in New Jersey: Ashley Gray (1 views)
- Franchise growth, stylist opportunities, philanthropies and awards “Excite” at Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle (1 views)
- DRNK & QWENCH Announces Huge Development News! (1 views)
- Dallas Cowboys and 7-Eleven Partner on Limited-Edition Collectible Cup (1 views)
- Couple Expands FASTSIGNS® Business by Opening Third Location in Johns Creek, GA (1 views)
- Anytime Fitness Flexes Development Plans for Alabama (1 views)
- Altitude Trampoline Park Springing In To Skokie, IL In 2018 (1 views)
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Celebrates 15 Years of Success (1 views)