- Sub Headline: Pennsylvania Arm of Florida-based Chain Prepares for May 16 Celebration and the Next Five Years
- Franchise URL: http://www.Woodys.com
- Listed: May 13, 2016 7:30 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
May 13, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // Jacksonville, Florida – When Mike and Renee Dilberian first opened the doors to their new Woody’s Bar-B-Q restaurant in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania in 2011, they felt confident that they had found the recipe for success. However, the Florida-based chain of authentic Southern barbecue restaurants had been previously untested in the Northeast. The Dilberian’s new location would mark one of Woody’s first franchises in the U.S. north of the Mason-Dixon line. Fortunately, the couple took a gamble and won. Immediately after opening and in all the years since, Woody’s Bar-B-Q of Huntingdon has continued to receive a warm reception from the community as its number of regular patrons rises. To commemorate a fabulous first five years of service to the Huntingdon community, the owners plan to host a celebration from 11 a.m.-9 p.m. on Monday, May 16 – complete with spare rib eating contest, raffles and giveaways, food and drink specials, and more.
Mike Dilberian – who had previously worked on Wall Street for 30 years – had always dreamed of owning a bar and restaurant. He and his wife hoped to bring something entirely new and different to their hometown. Desiring a solid, proven system, the couple started researching franchises when they discovered Woody’s Bar-B-Q and its co-founders – Woody Mills and Yolanda Mills-Mawman.
“We were immediately impressed with the close-knit family feel of the Woody’s franchise system,” recalled Dilberian. “The concept felt like the right fit for Huntingdon, and the food is great. As a matter of fact, we recently received Daily News’ Readers’ Choice Awards for best wings and best ribs in town. We also just received the Peoples’ Choice Award for the Taste of Huntingdon County during the annual Winter Blues Event. Awards and recognitions aside, it’s been an amazing five years and I would have to attribute our success to running a clean, efficient restaurant where the atmosphere is always fun and the customer is always number one. Raystown Lake draws a lot of summertime guests to the Huntingdon area – so that’s our busiest time of year. Our repeat in-town customers – many of whom come in two to three times a week – help fuel our winter business. We’re very fortunate to have so many loyal fans and our May 16 event is our way of saying thanks. We look forward to seeing what the next five years brings.”
Located at 7620 Lake Raystown Shopping Center, Woody’s Bar-B-Q of Huntingdon features an extensive menu of Woody’s Signature slow cooked meats and made-from-scratch sides, as well as a full bar, big screen TVs and classic rock on the sound system. To place an order to go or find out the latest details about the Five Year Celebration, patrons are encouraged to call 814-641-7429. Woody’s Bar-B-Q of Huntingdon will soon have a neighbor when Woody’s Bar-B-Q of Middletown opens in New York later this Spring. To learn more about Woody’s Bar-B-Q, prospective franchisees and barbecue fans are invited to visit www.woodys.com.
About Woody’s Bar-B-Q®
After opening their first Woody’s Bar-B-Q in 1980, partners Woody Mills and Yolanda Mills-Mawman have spent the past three decades setting the “bar” higher for great Southern Bar-B-Q. From the humble beginnings of just one location in Jacksonville, Florida, a shared passion for Bar-B-Q, and a dog-eared collection of recipes, Mills and Mawman have grown the Woody’s Bar-B-Q brand to locations reaching from the Deep South where Bar-B-Q is king to the Northeast and Western fronts. Perhaps best known for their legendary melt-in-your-mouth slow-smoked Signature Baby Back Ribs, Woody’s has also built quite a following among patrons with their secret recipe Bar-B-Q sauces and meats, as well as their freshly prepared comfort food-inspired side dishes. Individuals who wish to learn more about becoming a Woody’s Bar-B-Q franchisee are encouraged to visit http://www.woodys.com/franchise/.
SOURCE Woody’s Bar-B-Q®
Tammy Littleton Cipriani
Director of Marketing
P: 904-992-0556 ex 30
266 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Today
- Go Burrito Announces Plans to Launch Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® RECEIVES TWO HORIZON INTERACTIVE AWARDS FOR WEBSITE DESIGN & FUNCTIONALITY (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL RECEIVES CFA 2017 AWARD (1 views)
- The Carving Board Sandwiches Serves Up National Franchise Opportunities (1 views)
- Signal 88 Security: Reed Nyffeler – The Vision is Clear (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS INTERNATIONAL, INC. CEO CATHERINE MONSON NAMED IN TOP 20 FACES OF FRANCHISING (1 views)
- Orlando Business Journal: Signal 88 Security to Expand in Florida (1 views)
- NEW FASTSIGNS® LOCATION OPENS IN CORAL SPRINGS (1 views)
- Meet Mark Jameson, FASTSIGNS, Executive Vice President, Franchise Support & Development (1 views)
- Jacob Dietz – Help A Hero Scholarship Recipient – Sport Clips Haircuts Video (1 views)
- FASTSIGNS® Sponsors National Business Media Show In Fort Lauderdale, Florida February 16-18 (1 views)