- Franchise URL: http://www.321Zips.com
- Listed: April 8, 2016 11:51 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
April 08, 2016 // FranchisePOD.com // GREENBELT, Md. – ZIPS Dry Cleaners, an aggressively expanding dry cleaning franchise known for its same-day, one-price business model – currently $1.99 per garment – has signed an area development agreement to build 110 locations in Southern California over the next 15 years. The deal marks the brand’s largest deal to date and first expansion outside of its Mid-Atlantic hub.
ZDry LLC will develop the dry cleaners throughout Los Angeles and San Diego, the first two of which are projected to open in Los Angeles later this year. No strangers to franchising, ZDry’s partners currently own and operate 10 Planet Fitness gyms in the Los Angeles area, with several more under development.
“What attracted us most to ZIPS was the company’s successful business model that is based on a concept revolutionary to the industry and clearly in high demand to today’s dry cleaning customer – dry cleaning that is ready for pick-up the same day it’s dropped off and all for a flat-rate price,” said Shawn Bishop, one of the managing partners for ZDry. “Based on our experience in the marketplace, I’m confident ZIPS will be a huge success and quickly become the go-to place for dry cleaning in the region.”
Bishop added that he sees a lot of similarities between Planet Fitness and ZIPS, in that both are helping consumers become more educated when it comes to their spending.
“More than 20 years ago, before Planet Fitness changed the fitness landscape with its more affordable offering, very few people blinked an eye when they were charged $50 or more for their monthly gym membership,” he says. “Today, ZIPS is doing the same in their industry. Everyone needs dry cleaning in some capacity. The real question customers should ask themselves is, ‘Would I rather pay $50-$60 for ten pieces to be dry cleaned, or $19.90 for the same ten pieces and have it done in one day?’”
At ZIPS, a customer can have any item of clothing dry cleaned for $1.99. It doesn’t matter if the item is a necktie, a wedding dress or a pair of pants, the price is $1.99, three times less expensive than the industry average. Garments are cleaned on-site, allowing for same-day service. In addition, in today’s increasingly “green-conscious” society, ZIPS has invested in a closed-cleaning system that reduces waste, uses biodegradable plastic bags and recycles hangers.
“We are thrilled to team with such an experienced and prolific partner as ZDry to introduce our brand to Southern California,” said ZIPS Vice President of Development Aaron Goldberg. “The rapid growth we continue to experience proves that the ZIPS franchise investment resonates and continually attracts high caliber and savvy developers.”
To further augment the company’s growth, ZIPS plans to open as many as 15 new stores in 2016 and is actively seeking multi-unit franchisees to help develop additional locations throughout the United States.
About ZIPS Dry Cleaners
Founded in 1996 and franchising since 2006, ZIPS Dry Cleaners is an aggressively expanding dry cleaning franchise known for its same-day, one-price business model – currently $1.99 per garment. It doesn’t matter if the item is a necktie, a wedding dress or a pair of pants, the price is $1.99. Headquartered in Greenbelt, MD, ZIPS operates more than 40 stores in the Mid-Atlantic region. For more information, visit www.321zips.com.
SOURCE ZIPS Dry Cleaners
249 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Today
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Opportunities (5 views)
- Meet The Signal 88 Security Franchise Leadership Team (4 views)
- Atlanta Area Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt Franchise (7 views)
- FASTSIGNS® RECOGNIZED FOR OUTSTANDING WEBSITE IN THE 2016 WEBAWARDS COMPETITION (5 views)
- Moran Family of Brands Announces Franchisees of the Year (4 views)
- Tin Drum Asian Kitchen Taps Hot Foodie Trend with New Poke Menu Offerings (3 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise Real Heroes (3 views)
- Ace Signs of Texas Becomes FASTSIGNS of Killeen (2 views)
- Speedpro Imaging’s August 2017 Franchisee In Focus: Shira Kollins, Chicago, Illinois (2 views)
- Signal 88 Security Franchise: Why Signal 88? (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS: HOW SIGNS AND GRAPHICS HELP MAKE EVENTS MORE SUCCESSFUL (2 views)
- World-Famous Donut Bar to Offer Exclusive Franchise Opportunities (2 views)
- Sport Clips Haircuts ranked #9 in Entrepreneur “Franchise 500” (2 views)
- New Wag N’ Wash in Redmond Part of 15-Store Expansion Plan (2 views)
- FASTSIGNS® of Rosenberg/Richmond, Texas Now Open (2 views)